Episode 102: Optimizing Your Metabolism, Brain Power, and Physique with Tara GarrisonMar 09, 2021
To watch this episode, please visit Rachel’s YouTube channel.
Tara Garrison is the founder of HIGHER, a luxury health coaching experience for high performers that includes training, nutrition, biohacking and mindset coaching. She has helped many celebrities, professional athletes, and top executives optimize their health.
Tara is also the creator of the popular Keto In & Out System, in which she teaches how to “Do Keto. Not Forever” to optimize metabolism, brain power, athletic performance and physique.
She is the host of the Inside Out Health Podcast, in which she interviews world-class health experts from all over the world, and the co-host of the Kick Ass Life Podcast, alongside author/speaker/coach Elle Russ, a mindset podcast for high performers.
Tara is a mom of four, avid weightlifter, Boston Marathoner and lover of nature. You can find her daily on Instagram as @coachtaragarrison, where she shares the inner workings of her life, health education and motivation.
In this episode, we talk about keto as a tool vs. lifestyle, mindset with food choices, Tara’s bodybuilding prep experience, what ‘toned’ actually means and much more!
- Why you should do keto...but not forever
- Tara shares her experience with keto drawbacks
- How to recognize if you emotionally attach yourself to food and why it needs to stop
- Myths and stereotypes around bodybuilding prep
- Instant gratification vs. long-term gratification
- [0:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Today’s guest is Tara Garrison!
- [1:00] If you're enjoying the show share it out by screenshotting an episode and tagging @rachelgregory.cns or leave a review on itunes to help grow the show!
- [1:30] Rachel introduces guest Tara Garrison @coachtaragarrison to the listeners!
- [2:00] Tara gives a glimpse into her childhood and also how she gained a passion for her field she is in today: health and fitness
- [5:30] Tara’s take on working out ‘smarter not harder’
- [7:30] Check out Bodybuilding.com where Tara learned some basics for lifting!
- [8:00] What is Gymtimidation?
- [9:00] Turning unhealthy motivation into a long term purpose
- [9:30] “While I was in this unhealthy mindset, I also simultaneously started developing this healthy mindset where I was like, wow, this is really cool what my body can do.”
- [10:30] Using mindset practices to heal from trauma and unhealthy motivations
- [13:00] Question: How did you get into keto? And What was your experience with that?
- [15:00] Body fat measuring
- [16:00] Experiencing keto and being in the state of ketosis
- [20:00] Exploring with gut testing
- [22:00] Targeted Keto, Cyclical Keto
- [26:00] Restrictive mindsets with food
- [31:30] Question: Can you dive into your bodybuilding prep experience for us and why you decided to give it a shot?
- [35:00] Pro physiques
- [38:30] Instant gratification vs. long term goals
- [41:00] Question: Can you chat about what it means to be ‘toned’ and why proper fueling and building muscle play a role in that?
- [51:00] If you want to check out more about Tara you can find her at www.taragarrison.com or on Instagram @coachtaragarrison
- [52:30] www.metflexlife.com/newsletter
- [53:00] If you’re interested in other freebies check out www.metflexlife.com for recipes, blog posts, protein guides, and a bunch more! Thanks for listening and see you next time!
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle lunch meal prep miniflex muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos workout nutrition youtube