Episode 104: 8-Month Building Phase Results & Plan For Next CutMar 19, 2021
In this episode, Rachel discusses her experience being in an eight month building phase, how to embrace being uncomfortable to accomplish a goal, telltale signs it’s time to switch your nutrition/fitness regiment, tools to try during a fat loss phase, the value of increasing your NEAT and more!
To learn more and apply to work one-on-one with Rachel, visit her website: https://www.metflexlife.com/
Join Rachel’s weekly newsletter: https://www.metflexlife.com/newsletter
“I don't rely on motivation to go to the gym, because motivation ebbs and flows day-to-day. So you really shouldn't rely on motivation for anything, really, especially when it comes to nutrition and training.” Rachel Gregory
- Macros during the 8 month building phase
- Why it’s important to get out of your comfort zone
- A sustainable rate of fat loss to shoot for per week
- Rachel’s recommendation for daily protein intake
- Benefits of higher protein during a fat loss phase
- General time frame for being in a fat loss phase
- #1 tip to help meal prepping for the week
- What’s the mental game when you cut your calories? I can’t seem to stick with it.
- If you have body fat to lose, can you just use that to get your gains while in a calorie deficit?
- Can you explain your workout routine during your building phase? And how often did you eat?
- [0:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Today, Rachel is chatting about her results and takeaways from an 8-month building phase and the her plan for what’s next
- [1:00] Check out the newest program Muscle Science For Women HERE!
- [1:30] Episode 103: Muscle Science For Women
- [2:00] Rachel dives into the beginning of her building phase
- [4:30] Episode 76: MINI CUTS: What, Why, When, & How?, Episode 86: Mini Cut Results & Review
- [8:00] Episode 45: The Science of Body Recomposition with Dr. Bill Campbell
- [11:30] Performance stats from the building phase
- [14:30] When getting too uncomfortable becomes unproductive
- [19:00] What’s next?
- [20:30] Episode 76: MINI CUTS: What, Why, When, & How?
- [26:30] Cardio vs. nutrition for fat loss
- [29:00] Rachel’s timeline for her upcoming fat loss phase
- [32:30] Question: What’s the mental game when you cut your calories? I can’t seem to stick with it.
- [35:00] What is decision fatigue?
- [38:00] Go to metflexlife.com to download your FREE Hunger Hacks Guide
- [40:30] Benefits to fasting during a fat loss phase
- [42:30] The 80/20 rule. Did it have a face at some point or grow from the earth at some point?
- [45:30] Benefits of having someone to hold you accountable.. AKA a coach!
- [46:30] If you’re interested in one-on-one coaching with Rachel go to www.metflex.com/apply
- [47:30] Question: If you have body fat to lose can you just use that to get your gains while in a calorie deficit?
- [48:30] Episode 45: The Science of Body Recomposition with Dr. Bill Campbell,
- [49:00] Episode 94: Body Recomposition Scenarios, Muscle Mass & Aging, Training With Dumbbells vs. Barbells, and More! and Episode 71: Lose Fat AND Build Muscle with Christopher Barakat
- [49:30] Question: Can you explain your workout routine during your building phase? And how often did you eat?
- [50:30] Episode 101: Overtraining & Under eating: Why Your Hard Work Is NOT Paying Off
- [51:30] Proper Exercise Programming and Planned Movement are Necessary
- [56:00] If you’re spinning your wheels feel free to reach out [email protected]
- [56:30] Muscle Science For Women is going live APRIL 12th! Check it out HERE for more details!
THINGS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Muscle Science For Women is starting APRIL 12th!
- Go to metflexlife.com to download your FREE Hunger Hacks Guide
- Proper Exercise Programming and Planned Movement are Necessary
- To apply for one-on-one coaching with Rachel check out www.metflexlife.com/apply
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories cheat sheets chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto alternatives keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep muscle science for women podcast podcasts pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos