Episode 110: How To Drop Your Ego & Own Your Rep with Bryan BoorsteinApr 23, 2021
To watch this episode, please visit Rachel’s YouTube channel.
Bryan Boorstein is the owner and founder of Evolved Training Systems and Paragon Training Systems. He received his Bachelor of Science at JMU in 2006.
Bryan has trained at the top level, the CrossFit Games, while also working with some of the world’s premier athletes, including NFL players, and WWE superstar John Cena. Bryan has extensive experience and knowledge in all realms of health and fitness. He has coached physique and bodybuilding, as well as those just hoping to increase vitality and look good at the beach. His programming philosophy has adapted to accommodate the constantly changing needs of each trainee.
In this episode, we chat about Bryan’s transition from the Crossfit space to bodybuilding, common pitfalls we see occurring with our clients, how to get more out of your training by actually doing less, using fasting as a tool, and more!
- Rest and recovery: why you may have to rethink your workout regimen
- The meaning behind “owning your rep”
- Benefits of decreasing cardio and increasing your overall movement or step count
- How quarantine changed Bryan’s perspectives on quality vs. quantity with training
- What were some of the negatives you noticed coming from the Crossfit space?
- Can we talk about the psychology of doing less versus more and how that may have changed your training or how you've worked with clients, and the results they’ve gotten?
- How did the phrase “own your rep” come about?
- What has your experience been with intermittent fasting?
- How do you go about recommending cardio for your clients?
- What’s one lesson you’ve learned from your training during quarantine?
- [0:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Today’s guest is Bryan Boorstein @bryanboorstein
- [1:30] If you’re enjoying the show and want to help grow the show please screenshot an episode you love and tag @rachelgregory.cns in your stories or posts
- [2:00] Rachel introduces guest Bryan Boorstein @bryanboorstein to the listeners!
- [2:00] Bryan’s evolved training plan
- [3:00] A background to how Bryan started in the fitness industry
- [8:00] Barbell Shrug podcast
- [9:30] Paragon training methods with Laurie Christine King
- [11:00] Question: What were some of the negatives you noticed coming from the Crossfit space?
- [17:00] Question: Can we talk about the psychology of doing less versus more and how that may have changed your training or how you've worked with clients, and the results they’ve gotten?
- [20:00] Putting intention behind movements
- [25:30] Question: How did the phrase “own your rep” come about?
- [30:00] Question: What has your experience been with intermittent fasting?
- [34:00] Bryan’s cutting experience in terms of focusing on calories and steps vs. cardio
- [40:00] Question: How do you go about recommending cardio for your clients?
- [47:30] Question: What’s one lesson you’ve learned from your training during quarantine?
- [51:00] “You can make a really light or moderate weight feel really, really heavy.”-B.B
- [55:30] How to be intentional during workouts and take your ego out of the gym
- [1:02:30] Eat, Train, Prosper
- [1:03:00] Check out more from Bryan on instagram @bryanboorstein or his website www.evolvedtrainingsystems.com
- [1:03:30] Positioning for Improving Exercise Execution: Part 1 | Positioning for Improving Exercise Execution: Part 2
- [1:03:30] If you loved this episode please take a second to share it out and tag both @rachelgregory.cns and @bryanboorstein and if you haven’t left a review on itunes please do to help grow MetFlex and Chill!
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories cheat sheets chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto alternatives keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep muscle science for women podcast podcasts pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos