Episode 119: Increasing Carbs After Keto, Looking “Bulky” As A Woman, Resistance Training Tips For Beginners, & More!Jun 25, 2021
In this episode, Rachel chats about misconceptions related to women ‘looking bulky,’ resistance training tips for beginners, minimum daily fat consumption, incorporating carbs after keto, and more!
To learn more and apply to work one-on-one with Rachel, visit her website: https://www.metflexlife.com/
Join Rachel’s weekly newsletter: https://www.metflexlife.com/newsletter
“The reality is, it's not generally the muscle, it's the body fat covering the muscle that is giving that ‘bulkier, bigger’ look. It takes a lot of effort to build muscle. It doesn’t just come out of nowhere.” Rachel Gregory
- I can’t seem to find any information on how to lose body fat but not gain any more muscle. I do not want to gain any more muscle, I just want to cut fat.
- Tips for lifting for beginners. Specifically looking to get stronger at Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
- What electrolyte adjustments do I need to make if I’m starting to incorporate more carbs?
- What are the minimum average fat grams per day when upping carbs?
- Misconceptions around resistance training causing you to look ‘bulky or bigger’
- Two key focus points when beginning to resistance train
- How to build your training plan around the five foundational movement patterns
- How to calculate minimum fat intake based on your body weight
- Strategically increasing carbs after following long-term keto/low carb
- [0:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Today’s episode is a Q&A covering a few different topics related to training, carb ups, dietary fat consumption, sodium misconceptions, and more
- [0:30] Question: I can’t seem to find any information on how to lose body fat but not gain any more muscle. I feel like this is not a common problem many people have because I can’t seem to find the info I am looking for. I do not want to gain any more muscle, I just want to cut fat.
- [3:00] “If you're looking to not gain any more muscle, and you just want to cut the body fat, the biggest thing that you need to focus on is your diet and getting into a calorie deficit for a long enough period of time to lose that body fat. That is going to primarily come from your nutrition.”
- [8:00] Question: Tips for lifting for beginners. Specifically looking to get stronger at my BJJ game (Brazilian jiu-jitsu)
- [11:00] If you’re interested in one-on-one coaching with Rachel check out www.metflexlife.com/apply
- [12:00] Make sure to set up your training with five foundational movement patterns
- [15:30] Episode 32: Building An Anti-Fragile Core: The Secret To Sexy AND Functional Abs
- [16:30] Consistency is key when building the skillset of training
- [17:30] Question: What electrolyte adjustments do I need to make if I’m starting to incorporate more carbs?
- [20:00] Ensuring proper electrolyte intake on both a low carb or high carb diet
- [22:00] Question: Minimum average fat grams per day when upping carbs?
- [24:00] Fat-soluble vitamins and water-soluble vitamins
- [27:30] Question: Trying to increase carb intake for the first time in a few years. How do I choose which is best for me?
- [30:00] Check out Rachel’s Keto For Women Program
- [34:28] End
THINGS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Episode 32: Building An Anti-Fragile Core: The Secret To Sexy AND Functional Abs
- If you’re interested in one-on-one coaching with Rachel check out www.metflexlife.com/apply
- Check out Rachel’s Keto For Women Program
- Lifting weights and NOT seeing results? Here Are 6 Reasons Why
- Episode 24: Supplement Recommendations, Hydration & Electrolytes, Menopause & Ketosis, and More!
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for free recipes, exercise tips, nutrition advice, product discounts, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss fitness program keto basics keto for women lifestyle meal prep miniflex muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes tips transformations vegetables & sides workout nutrition