Episode 128: Back2Fit with Drew ManningAug 27, 2021
Drew Manning is a health and fitness expert and the New York Times best-selling author of Fit2Fat2Fit: The Unexpected Lessons from Gaining and Losing 75 lbs on Purpose and has for years been a leading voice in the burgeoning Keto Diet movement.
Drew is also the creator of the A&E Show Fit to Fat to Fit and the host of The Fit2Fat2Fit Experience podcast. With over a million social media followers, Drew continues to transform people’s lives all around the world. Known for his straightforward and empathetic fitness and health coaching, Drew has been featured on The Dr. Oz Show, CNN, Good Morning America, The Tonight Show, The View, and MSNBC, among other media outlets.
In this episode, we chat all about Drew’s Fit2Fat2Fit journey, specifically his Back2Fit journey where he lost 62 pounds in four months. Drew chats about his experience with different popular diet protocols throughout, prioritizing mindset practices as much as physical routines and much more!
“Transformation really has to do with training your mind to become comfortable in uncomfortable situations.” Drew Manning
- Drew’s experience with different popular diet protocols during his fit2fat2fit journey
- Helpful supplements to incorporate periodically for sleep
- Drews top 3 tips on where to start if you’re heading into a weight-loss period
- [0:00] Rachel gives a brief bio of guest Drew Manning to the listeners
- [1:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Rachel welcomes back guest Drew Manning @fit2fat2fit to the show
- [1:30] Episode 73: Fit 2 Fat 2 Forty with Drew Manning, Episode 19: Unexpected Lessons from Gaining and Losing 75 lbs, Keto & CrossFit, Training For 100-Mile Race with Drew Manning
- [1:30] Drew speaks about how he started focusing on fit2fat2fit journey and bringing more empathy to the fitness industry
- [4:30] Question: Is there anything that you’ve noticed or stood out from your previous fit2fat2fit journey to your latest fit2fat2fit journey?
- [7:30] Question: On your journey back to fit, what tools did you use in your four-month period to lose 62 lbs?
- [9:00] Question: Did you track your calories and macros? If so, what did you use?
- [9:30] MyFitnessPal & Whoop App
- [10:30] Question: Did you utilize any type of calorie cycling throughout the week, or carb cycling, fasting or anything like that as more of an adherence tool to help you adhere to your intake?
- [21:00] Question: Did you notice anything going from more of that strict keto into more of this cyclical or targeted keto? Did anything happen with your blood sugar response? Or were you already more metabolically flexible in the sense that it wasn't really doing much there?
- [23:30] Question: Did you change up your protein intake at all when you were going through the different diets?
- [28:00] Question: In terms of exercise, what was your approach going into the back to fit (i.e lifting, cardio, steps)?
- [32:30] Question: When you were more strict keto versus cyclical versus targeted, what did you notice as you were incorporating a bit more carbs for those high intensity exercises? Did you feel better doing those? Did you notice performance differences?
- [37:00] Question: Is there anything specific that you implemented in terms of a stress management perspective on a daily basis to keep your mind in a good place?
- [38:00] “Transformation really has to do with training your mind to become comfortable in uncomfortable situations.” Drew Manning
- [40:00] Question: Did you do anything in particular to make sure that you were maximizing your sleep?
- [41:30] Magnesium and CBD
- [43:00] Question: What would your top three tips be for someone who has 60 plus pounds to lose?
- [48:30] Question: Why did you decide to move back to Hawaii?
- [51:00] You can check out more from Drew Manning at his website https://fit2fat2fit.com/, and on Instagram @fit2fat2fit and on Twitter @fit2fat2fit
- [51:30] Thanks for listening to another episode! If you’re loving MetFlex and Chill and want to help grow the show, please head over to Itunes and leave a rating and review! How to Leave an Apple Podcast Review: First, Open the podcast app on your iPhone, Mac, or iPad. Then, hit the “Search” tab at the bottom right-hand corner of the page and search for MetFlex and Chill. Select the podcast, scroll down to find the subheading “Ratings & Reviews”. and select “Write a Review.” Next, select the number of stars you’d like to leave. Please choose 5 stars! Using the text box which says “Title,” write a title for your review. Then in the text box, write the review itself. The review can be up to 300 words long, but doesn’t need to be much more than: “Love the show! Thanks!” or “Rachel provides wonderful content from a multitude of expert guests!” Once you’re done select “Send” in the upper right-hand corner.
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos workout nutrition