Episode 44: Pre-Workout Supplements, BCAAs, Building Muscle With JUST Body Weight Exercises, SLEEP, & More!Aug 14, 2020
In this Q&A episode, I’m diving into several strategies to help maximize the effectiveness of bodyweight exercises for building muscle, the top 3 (+1) pre-workout supplements I use and recommend, the efficacy of BCAAs, and how to shift your training if you get a terrible night’s sleep!
To learn more and apply to work one-on-one with Rachel, visit her website: https://www.metflexlife.com/
Join Rachel’s weekly newsletter: https://www.metflexlife.com/newsletter
Super Coffee Giveaway Winners: Please send an email to [email protected] with your full name, shipping address, and email.
- Can I build muscle with just bodyweight exercises?
- Top 3 pre-workout supplements and why?
- Do you recommend BCAAs?
- When you’ve gotten a horrible night's sleep, is it better to push through a workout or take an off/light day?
- Strategies/techniques to focus on for progressing bodyweight exercises
- 4 pre workout supplements to use to maximize your workouts
- Salt/Sodium is packed with numerous benefits aside from being an electrolyte
- How to pivot if you have a terrible night’s sleep..hint: it comes down to your goals and timeline!
- [0:00] Welcome back to the show! Winners announced for the @supercoffee giveaway
- [2:00] Can I Build Muscle with Just Bodyweight exercises?
- [3:30] First Strategy: unilateral or single leg or single arm work
- [4:30] Second Strategy: manipulating tempo
- [6:00] Third Strategy: manipulating points of contact to change the angles of certain movements
- [8:00] Fourth Strategy: pre fatiguing muscles using isometric holds
- [9:30] Tips around adding weight to your traditional workouts.. Get creative!
- [10:30] Episode 10: Shifting Your Goals and Mindset, Optimizing At-Home Workouts, and Implementing Refeeds/Diet Breaks
- [11:00] What are Rachel’s top three (plus one) pre workout supplements and why?
- [11:00] Number one pre workout supplement: Caffiene!
- [14:00] Number two pre workout supplement: Sodium!
- [14:30] Reasons that salt/sodium is beneficial before a workout
- [18:00] Number three pre workout supplement: Creatine
- [18:30] Episode 33: Top 5 Supplements Everyone Should Consider with Shawn Wells
- [0:00] Number four pre workout supplement especially for keto/low carb athletes: UCan Superstarch
- [21:30] Do you recommend BCAAs (branched chain amino acids)?
- [21:30] Episode 43: All Things PROTEIN with Shawn Wells
- [23:00] The benefits of leucine, isoleucine, and valine
- [25:00] Scenarios to consider supplementing with BCAA’S or EAA’S
- [29:00] When you've gotten a horrible night's sleep, is it better to push through a workout or take an off or light day?
- [33:00] Download your FREE Optimizing Sleep Checklist!
- [33:30] If you’re enjoying this podcast and think someone will too PLEASE SHARE! :) take a screenshot, tag @rachelgregory.cns on Instagram
THINGS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Episode 10: Shifting Your Goals and Mindset, Optimizing At-Home Workouts, and Implementing Refeeds/Diet Breaks
- Redmond Real Salt
- Episode 33: Top 5 Supplements Everyone Should Consider with Shawn Wells
- UCan Superstarch
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast cheat sheets chicken & seafood desserts dinner fat loss keto alternatives keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle lunch meal prep podcast podcasts pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources soups & salads tips vegetables & sides videos