Episode 46: How To Find Maintenance Caloric Intake, Fast vs. Slow Fat Loss, Accuracy of Tracking Devices, and More!Aug 21, 2020
In today’s Q&A episode, we’re chatting all about how to master the art of maintenance, the importance of investing in a coach to bust through a plateau, a common misconception about the ketogenic diet, and much more!
To learn more and apply to work one-on-one with Rachel, visit her website: https://www.metflexlife.com/
Join Rachel’s weekly newsletter: https://www.metflexlife.com/newsletter
- How do you find a healthy weight?
- How do I figure out my maintenance calories and activity level with a Fitbit?
- What’s your opinion on fit tracks and other scales that are supposed to measure more than just weight?
- The best fasting/keto protocol once you’ve reached your goal body fat and want to maintain?
- How do you plan out your cuts and refeeds (How much to cut? How much to refeed?)
- If you’ve hit a plateau or feel like you’re spinning your wheels without getting any results, invest in a coach!
- To build muscle in the most optimal way possible, you must be at maintenance or in a slight caloric surplus
- Appetite suppression while on keto - a popular misconception?
- The most accurate way to find your maintenance caloric intake
- [0:00] Intro to the episode! Third round of the Keto for Women program starts August 24th, 2020! Follow THIS link to sign up!
- [1:30] How do you find a healthy weight?
- [2:30] Is it possible to gain weight on the ketogenic diet?
- [3:30] Apply for one-on-one coaching with Rachel
- [5:00] How do I find a healthy, achievable amount of muscle weight to gain?
- [5:00] To build muscle you need to follow a progressive, well-structured resistance program
- [9:30] Rachel breaks down a common misconception while following the ketogenic diet
- [12:00] How to figure out my maintenance calories and activity level with a Fitbit?
- [13:00] Using a Fitbit as a means to gather data for feedback
- [15:00] Rachel’s recommendations to find your maintenance caloric intake
- [17:00] The scale doesn’t always matter but sometimes it does
- [22:30] What's your opinion on fittracks and other scales that are supposed to measure more than just weight?
- [26:00] The reasons you may get skewed results from scales that are supposed to measure more than just body weight
- [28:00] What is the best fasting/keto protocol once you've reached your goal body fat and want to maintain?
- [28:30] Maintenance comes back to creating lifestyle habits
- [33:00] How do you plan out your cuts and refeeds? How much to cut? How much to refeed?
- [34:00] If you’re interested in a specific topic discussed check out Rachel’s website
- [40:30] How often is typical refeeding?
- [43:00] Episode 36: Building Muscle And...Losing Body Fat, Liberating Carbs, Fasting & Aging
- [43:30] Episode 45: The Science of Body Recomposition with Dr. Bill Campbell
- [43:30] Thank you for listening! If you’re enjoying this podcast and think someone will too PLEASE SHARE! :) take a screenshot, tag me @rachelgregory.cns on Instagram
- [44:00] Only a few spots left in the Keto For Women Program if you’re interested.. Sign up HERE!
THINGS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Keto For Women Program!
- Rachel's Exercise Programs
- Blog on How To Use The Scale Appropriately
- Episode 36: Building Muscle And...Losing Body Fat, Liberating Carbs, Fasting & Aging
- Episode 45: The Science of Body Recomposition with Dr. Bill Campbell
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for free recipes, exercise tips, nutrition advice, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss fitness program keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle lunch meal prep miniflex muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos workout nutrition youtube