Episode 53: Optimizing Metabolic Flexibility To Get Old Slowly and Die Fast with Kristi StoroschukSep 15, 2020
To watch this episode, please visit Rachel’s YouTube channel.
Kristi Storoschuk, BSc (Hons.) is a science communicator with a research focus on ketogenic diets, metabolic therapies, and fasting for health optimization. She currently works alongside the world’s leading ketogenic researchers providing scientific education for the mainstream audience. Outside of her research, you will find her traveling the world, doing CrossFit, and optimizing her health through diet and lifestyle.
In this episode, we chat about Kristi’s experiences with different diet protocols, how to use carbs as a tool while doing keto, the difference between nutritional ketosis and exogenous ketosis..and much more!
- How to shift your mindset to look at diets on a spectrum versus ‘one diet fits all’ mindset
- The difference between nutritional ketosis and exogenous ketosis
- Why too many veggies could be a negative thing for your gut health
- The importance of utilizing both fuel sources to maintain metabolic flexibility
- [0:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill- Rachel introduces Kristi Storoschuk @krististoroschuk to the show
- [0:30] Kristi’s background and path leading into the health, wellness and holistic health
- [4:30] Experimenting with different diets and CrossFit
- [9:00] A breakdown of the view of calories and plant based foods in the health space
- [13:30] Experimenting with the carnivore diet and some side effects felt during Crossfit
- [16:00] Possible side effects of consuming too many plants/vegetables
- [27:30] Kristi’s view on the ketogenic diet involves… carbs!?
- [28:00] Episode 9: Stress and Fat Loss, Hormone Balance, and Carb Cycling with Ali Miller
- [28:30] Episode 6: Women’s Health and Related Keto Issues Specific to Women with Dr. Jaime Seeman
- [31:00] Instead of looking at food as a diet, look at the diets as a spectrum
- [35:00] Questions: Do you think that the carbs played a role in helping you to regain your period? Or do you feel like it was just because you increased your calorie intake?
- [46:00] Kristi’s views on exogenous ketones and benefits of using them
- [49:00] The difference between nutritional ketosis and exogenous ketosis
- [57:00] Question: Is there anything that you've changed your mind about in the last year and why?
- [57:30] View on meat and carbohydrates in the diet!
- [59:00] It comes down to whole foods… and lack of food access sometimes
- [59:30] You can find Kristi on instagram @krististoroschuk or on her website https://krististoroschuk.com/
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories cheat sheets chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto alternatives keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep muscle science for women podcast podcasts pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos