Episode 59: Achieving Optimal Health with Stan EfferdingOct 06, 2020
To watch this episode, please visit Rachel’s YouTube channel.
Stan Efferding is an IFBB Professional bodybuilder and World Record Holding Powerlifter. He is one of only 10 men in the world to ever total over 2,300 pounds raw in competition. Stan holds the title as the World's Strongest Bodybuilder.
Stan studied Exercise Science at the University of Oregon and has been training high school, Collegiate, and Professional athletes for over 25 years. Stan conducts seminars all over the country for various sports and nutrition and training techniques. He has appeared in many magazines and writes for Muscular Development, Flex Magazine and Power Magazine.Stan is also a successful Entrepreneur having built three different start-up businesses into multi-million dollar companies.
In this episode we talk about Stan’s depth of knowledge in the bodybuilding industry, the principles of the vertical diet, common causes of micronutrient deficiencies, the importance of whole foods versus supplements, and more!
- Common causes of micronutrient deficiencies and how it can affect your overall health and performance
- One mineral to add to your daily routine before and after a workout to maximize your energy levels
- Stan’s view on keto and metabolic flexibility
- Stan’s take on the difference between health and fitness
- [0:30] Happy Tuesday! Rachel gives a brief bio about today’s special guest!
- [1:00] Rachel Announces newest sponsor for the month of October! Thank you Now Foods!
- [2:00] Use the code METFLEXNOW10 for $10 off an order of $40 or more!
- [3:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Rachel introduces Stan Efferding @stanefferding to the listeners!
- [5:30] Get Vertical! What’s that all about?
- [8:00] A snapshot of the vertical diet
- [11:30] Sugar alcohols and sharting your pants
- [12:00] Fodmap diet breakdown and the sustainability behind it
- [20:00] Stan’s take on why sodium is so important
- [21:30] Scant Evidence Behind the Advice About Salt
- [29:00] Question: What is your recommended ideal pre and post workout meal?
- [34:30] Question: What is your view on the ketogenic diet? Metabolic Flexibility?
- [46:30] Question: Supplements...what's worth it and what's not?
- [54:00] Question: What's something that you would tell yourself, if you could go back 10 years ago?
- [56:00] If you want to be healthy don’t compete
- [1:02:00] You can find Stan Efferding at his website Stanefferding.com, on Instagram @stanefferding and on YouTube @stanefferding
- [1:02:30] If you’re interested in checking out Now Foods products check out it out HERE! If you’re loving this episode please share with someone who might like it too and tag @rachelgregory.cns
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories cheat sheets chicken & seafood desserts dinner fat loss keto alternatives keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle lunch meal prep podcast podcasts pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources soups & salads tips vegetables & sides videos