Episode 75: All Things METABOLISM with Sam MillerDec 01, 2020
To watch this episode, please visit Rachel’s YouTube channel.
After a life changing traumatic brain injury, Sam has spent the last 14 years separating the truth from the garbage, and sharing his quest for health, fitness and nutrition knowledge with the world. Sam built his reputation as an online coach, educator, and mentor dedicated to providing simple, yet strategic ways to amplify your results either as a coach or in your own transformation.
Sam has been featured as a 2x Fortune 500 Speaker at companies like Linkedin. He has also been a masterclass instructor for top certifications like Nutritional Coaching Institute and in 2019 alone, Sam guided and mentored 200+ coaches.
In addition to his practical coaching and mentorship experience he has been featured as a contributor, content creator, or guest for brands like Barbell Shrugged, T-Nation, Elite FTS, Next Level Human, and the Primal Health Coach Institute!
In this episode, we’re talking all about metabolism, possible downfalls of being in a chronic deficit, a concept known as SHREDS, incorporating destressors outside of exercise and more!
- The five F’s of adaptive physiology
- Sam’s seven pillars of transformation
- A break down of the concept called SHREDS
- A tip on how to manifest positive affirmations
- How would you define or explain what metabolism is in simple terms?
- Can you explain what the term adaptive physiology means?
- How would you respond to someone who thinks their metabolism is ‘broken’?
- Can you speak to some of the hormones that may be adapting or down regulating in a chronic deficit?
- Can you talk to the benefits of carbohydrates for someone who's maybe in a very stressed out state or at a plateau in terms of not being able to see the results that they want?
- Is there a threshold for fat intake?
- How do you go about setting protein intake for individuals?
- Is there anything that you personally do on a daily basis? A specific morning routine, meditation, journaling, anything like that?
- [0:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Rachel chats briefly about episode guest Sam Miller @sammillerscience
- [1:30] If you are enjoying the episode please take a screenshot and tag @rachelgregory.cns and if you’d like to watch the episode check out Rachel’s YouTube Channel HERE!
- [2:00] Rachel introduces Sam Miller @sammillerscience to the listeners!
- [3:00] Sam dives into a brief background and how he got into the nutrition and fitness space
- [5:30] Question: How would you define or explain what metabolism is?
- [8:00] Question: Can you explain what the term adaptive physiology means?
- [13:30] Question: How would you respond to someone who thinks their metabolism is ‘broken’?
- [16:30] The concept of SHREDS
- [20:30] Question: Can you speak to some of the hormones that may be adapting or down regulating to being in a chronic deficit?
- [28:30] Question: Can you talk to the benefits of carbohydrates for someone who's maybe in a very stressed out state or at a plateau in terms of not being able to see the results that they want?
- [34:00] Question: Is there a threshold for fat intake?
- [39:30] Question: How do you go about setting protein?
- [45:00] Cortisol and this concept of drains and charges
- [50:00] Question: Is there anything that you personally do on a daily basis that charges you like a specific morning routine, meditation, journaling, anything like that?
- [56:30] Question: Is there anything that you've changed your mind about in the last year and why?
- [59:30] You can find Sam on his website at www.sammillerscience.com and IG @sammillerscience
- [1:01:30] If you’re interested in checking out the Friday Flex and want to subscribe to it check out www.metflexlife.com/newsletter
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos