Episode 76: MINI CUTS: What, Why, When, & How?Dec 04, 2020
In this episode, Rachel dives into her building phase progress, benefits of mini cuts, when it might be time to incorporate a mini cut, how to set macros to align with your goals, supplements, low intensity cardio, and much more!
To learn more and apply to work one-on-one with Rachel, visit her website: https://www.metflexlife.com/
Join Rachel’s weekly newsletter: https://www.metflexlife.com/newsletter
- What’s a mini cut?
- Why do a mini cut?
- How aggressive of a caloric deficit do you typically aim for?
- Are you changing meal timing and macros or just reducing your caloric intake during your cut?
- Will you be following a keto approach?
- How would intermittent fasting and eating for muscle protein synthesis fit into a mini cut approach?
- When and what to eat?
- Are there certain dietary approaches that support a mini cut, for example, keto, carnivore or intermittent fasting?
- Are you following the same workout programming?
- Who should not do a mini cut? And why?
- Three reasons a mini cut could be beneficial
- Physiological and Psychological benefits of mini cuts
- Accountability benefits in investing in a coach
- How to calculate caloric intake going into a deficit
- Benefits of using PSMF days during a diet
- Rachel’s Hunger Hacks
- Four ‘guidelines’ to check before thinking about going into a mini cut
- [0:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Today’s episode is a Q&A discussing all things Mini Cuts!
- [0:30] Shout out to this month's sponsor for the show- Organifi!
- [1:30] Check out their products by going to www.organifi.com/metflex and you can use the code METFLEX for 15% off any of their products
- [2:30] What’s a mini cut?
- [3:30] Why do a mini cut?
- [15:00] Rachel dives into her stats from her building phase
- [18:00] Higher volume hypertrophy focused with minimal cardio
- [18:30] Check out Episode 56 and Episode 58 for more info on Energy Systems and a deep dive into cardio and conditioning
- [19:00] Question: How aggressive of a caloric deficit do you typically aim for?
- [19:30] Episode 10: Shifting Your Goals and Mindset, Optimizing At-Home Workouts, and Implementing Refeeds/Diet Breaks
- [24:00] Question: Are you changing meal timing and macros or just reducing your caloric intake during your cut?
- [31:00] How to align macros to your goals during a cut
- [35:00] Question: Will you be following a keto approach?
- [37:00] Question: How would intermittent fasting and eating for muscle protein synthesis fit into a mini cut approach?
- [39:00] Episode 70: Reducing Cellulite, Best Workout Splits, And Ideal Meal Frequency For Building Muscle
- [41:00] Question: Will you be intermittent fasting and taking any supplements during the three week cut?
- [41:30] PSMF days
- [45:00] Rachel’s current pre-workout supplements Legion Stim Free Pre-Workout Organifi Red Juice
- [47:30] When and what to eat?
- [48:30] Download the FREE Hunger Hacks EBook by going to my website home page www.metflexlife.com
- [49:30] Question: Are there certain dietary approaches that support a mini cut, for example, keto, carnivore or intermittent fasting?
- [51:00] Question: Are you following the same workout programming?
- [53:30] Question: Who should not do a mini cut? And why?
- [59:30] That’s a wrap! Thanks for listening and remember, if you enjoyed the episode and this podcast, please leave a review on Itunes and share it out.
- [1:00:00] Check out Organifi products by going to www.organifi.com/metflex and you can use the code METFLEX for 15% off any of their products
THINGS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Shout out to this month's sponsor for the show- Organifi!
- Episode 56: Clearing Up The Cardio Confusion: Implementing Cardio for Fat Loss, Performance, and Overall Health
- Episode 58: Using Heart Rate Zones During Training, Deload Weeks, Protein Shakes, and Best Nutrition Science Books
- Episode 10: Shifting Your Goals and Mindset, Optimizing At-Home Workouts, and Implementing Refeeds/Diet Breaks
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for free recipes, exercise tips, nutrition advice, product discounts, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss fitness program keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle lunch meal prep miniflex muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos workout nutrition youtube