Episode 80: Pivoting Your Perspective Around The Holidays with Caroline OfensteinDec 18, 2020
To watch this episode, please visit Rachel’s YouTube channel.
In this episode, we talk about strategies to enjoy the holidays without guilt, how to confidently attack social pressures, nutritional periodization, easy workouts when you’re short on time, what to consider when January comes, and more!
- How to enjoy the holidays while keeping your nutrition goals in mind
- Workout best practices on a holiday
- If you can’t make it to the gym on the holidays, do this instead!
- How to mentally set yourself up for success
- How would you go about sticking to your diet through the holidays?
- If I'm just trying to maintain right now, do you recommend cycling calories? Like a 5:2 split or adding 1 PSMF day per week to help ‘balance things out’?
- What are the best ways to squeeze in a workout on a busy holiday?
- How do you deal with eating foods prepared by other family members when staying at their house?
- How do you deal with family/friends commenting on your nutrition choices and pushing you to ‘just have a bite, it’s the holidays’?
- Would it be beneficial to just track calories over the holidays instead of worrying about tracking fats, carbs, and protein?
- [0:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Rachel introduces today’s guest Caroline Ofenstein @carolineofenstein_tcm who was recently on Episode 67: Getting Comfortable With The Uncomfortable with Caroline Ofenstein
- [0:30] To watch this episode, please visit Rachel’s YouTube channel
- [1:30] Shout out to this months sponsor Organifi
- [2:00] Rachels Faves from Organifi: Chocolate Protein Powder, Chocolate GOLD Drink and The Red Juice!
- [2:30] Check out their products by going to www.organifi.com/metflex and you can use the code METFLEX for 15% off any of their products
- [3:00] Caroline @carolineofenstein_tcm and Rachel @rachelgregory.cns here with a Q&A tailored to the holidays for you!
- [3:30] Question: How would you go about sticking to your diet through the holidays?
- [10:00] Question: If I'm just trying to maintain right now, do you recommend cycling calories? Like a 5:2 split or adding 1 PSMF day per week to help ‘balance things out’?
- [12:00] Protein Sparing Modified Fast
- [18:30] What are the best ways to squeeze in a workout on a busy holiday?
- [21:30] Check out Rachel’s FREE Home Travel Workouts
- [24:30] Question: How do you deal with eating foods prepared by other family members when staying at their house? So, if someone else is cooking the meal? What do you do?
- [24:00] B.Y.O.S!
- [29:30] Question: How do you deal with family and friends commenting on your nutrition choices and/or pushing you to just have a bite?
- [34:30] Question: Would it be beneficial to just to just track calories over the holidays, instead of worrying about tracking fats, carbs and protein?
- [41:00] Episode 72: 8 Tips To Prevent Holiday Weight Gain
- [44:30] Tips for January!
- [46:00] Shout out to this months sponsor Organifi Check out their products by going to www.organifi.com/metflex and you can use the code METFLEX for 15% off any of their products
- [46:30] If you’re enjoying the show please share! Tag @rachelgregory.cns in a screenshot! Or head over to itunes and leave a review! See you next time!
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories cheat sheets chicken & seafood desserts dinner fat loss keto alternatives keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep podcast podcasts pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips vegetables & sides videos