Episode 83: All Things DETOXING with Kristin RowellDec 29, 2020
To watch this episode, please visit Rachel’s YouTube channel.
Kristin Rowell is a former trial lawyer turned Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner. She is an IPE Professional Natural Bodybuilder in the Figure Division, the NANBF’s 2018 Ms. Natural Minnesota (Figure), and she has run 25 marathons. Kristin coaches high-performance individuals, she consults for organizations, and she speaks about nutrition and wellness topics around the country. She helps her clients look better, feel better, and do better.
In this episode, we talk about a ‘real food’ detox protocol, benefits of detoxing periodically, how to set yourself up for success during a detox, quality whey protein, signs of a sluggish liver, exercise while detoxing and more!
- Kristin’s protocol for detoxing
- What to look for in a quality whey protein
- Health benefits of incorporating cranberry into your detox
- Fasting vs. Detoxing
- What have you learned about detoxing when working with clients?
- Would there be a reason to cut monk fruit and stevia out of your regiment during a detox?
- Do you recommend any kind of protocol to reduce your caffeine little by little vs. all at once?
- Why is cranberry good for a detox?
- What’s your recommendation for exercising while detoxing?
- What would you recommend for those who need to continue taking medications or supplements through a detox?
- What is the difference between extended fasting and detoxing?
- [0:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Rachel Introduces Kristin @mngoldengirl to the listeners!
- [1:00] Clearing up the confusion around detoxing
- [2:00] Rachel Introduces Kristin @mngoldengirl to the listeners!
- [2:30] Episode 23: Becoming Energetically Efficient with Kristin Rowell
- [4:30] The best of both fitness worlds
- [7:00] Question: What have you learned about detoxing when working with clients?
- [7:30] Real Foods Detox
- [10:30] Kristin’s protocol for detoxing
- [13:30] Question: What's your average day been like in terms of macros?
- [14:00] Zone diet
- [14:00] Chronometer: Track your nutrition, fitness & health data
- [14:30] Kristin’s breakdown on whey protein
- [16:00] Accent Whey Protein, Biotics Research, X-Werks
- [16:30] Question: Would there be a reason to cut monk fruit and stevia out of your regiment during a detox?
- [18:30] Question: Do you recommend any kind of protocol to reduce your caffeine little by little vs. all at once?
- [24:00] Symptoms of a sluggish liver
- [27:00] Questions: What’s the second weekend of your detox entail? And then what do you do afterwards?
- [29:00] Questions: What’s your recommendation for exercising while detoxing?
- [32:00] Question: What would you recommend for those who need to continue taking medications or supplements through a detox?
- [35:30] Question: What is the difference between extended fasting and detoxing?
- [40:30] Question: What is your detox protocol called? And where can people go to find it?
- [41:00] Fat Flush Plan, The Fast Track One-Day Detox Diet
- [42:00] Radical Metabolism
- [42:00] Question: Is there anything that you've changed your mind about in the last year? And why?
- [46:30] Listeners can find Kristin at her website Energetically Efficient.com, and on Instagram @mngoldengirl and email by [email protected]. If you’re interested in Kristin’s Detox Program email her for more info at [email protected]. It starts January 11th, 2021!
- [48:00] Kristin’s Detox Program email her for more info at [email protected]. It starts January 11th, 2021!
- [48:30] If you are enjoying the show please share it out! Tag @rachelgregory.cns or leave a review on itunes. Check out www.metflexlife.com for other resources
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos workout nutrition youtube