Episode 90: Keto For Weight Loss...The Truth RevealedJan 22, 2021
In this episode, Rachel breaks down the potential benefits of following a ketogenic diet for fat loss, keto on a spectrum and why some people may not thrive using keto for fat loss, why metabolic flexibility should be the ultimate end goal, and more!
To learn more and apply to work one-on-one with Rachel, visit her website: https://www.metflexlife.com/
Join Rachel’s weekly newsletter: https://www.metflexlife.com/newsletter
- Four practical benefits of implementing a ketogenic diet for weight loss
- Ketosis.. and what being in the metabolic state actually means
- How to look at keto on a spectrum vs. one-size fits all
- [0:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Today Rachel is diving into all things keto for weight loss!
- [0:30] Keto For Weight Loss...The Truth Revealed
- [1:30] Shout out to this month's sponsor Active Stacks! Active Stacks is made with non-GMO Beef protein which is a great alternative for people who may be sensitive to whey protein powder or others
- [2:00] If you want to check out Active Stacks, you can use the discount code "CHILL" for 10% off or go to https://activestacks.com/discount/CHILL
- [5:00] Metabolic Flexibility explained
- [7:00] KETO FOR WOMEN
- [10:00] Benefit Number One: Appetite Control and Increased Dietary Compliance
- [12:00] Benefit Number Two: Elevates and Stabilizes Energy, Mood, and Focus
- [13:30] Benefit Number Three: Can Make Body ‘Recomposition’ Easier
- [15:00] Proper Exercise Programming and Planned Movement are Necessary, How Much Protein Should I Eat?
- [16:30] A Low-Carbohydrate Ketogenic Diet Combined with 6-Weeks of Crossfit Training Improves Body Composition and Performance
- [18:00] There Is No 'One-Way' To Keto
- [19:00] Benefit Number Four: Exposes Your Body to a Different Fuel Source (literally changes your metabolism)
- [19:30] Metabolic Flexibility > 24/7 Ketosis
- [24:00] Check out details about Rachel’s programs HERE
- [24:30] Apply for one-on-one coaching HERE
- [26:00] If you're enjoying the show share it out by screenshotting an episode and tagging @rachelgregory.cns or leave a review on itunes to help grow the show!
- [27:00] Friday Flex!
THINGS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Shout out to this month's sponsor Active Stacks!
- Rachel’s Nutrition and Exercise Programs
- KETO FOR WOMEN
- A Low-Carbohydrate Ketogenic Diet Combined with 6-Weeks of Crossfit Training Improves Body Composition and Performance
- There Is No 'One-Way' To Keto
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories cheat sheets chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto alternatives keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep podcast podcasts pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos