Episode 91: What’s In Your Wine? with Todd WhiteJan 26, 2021
To watch this episode, please visit Rachel’s YouTube channel.
After 15 years in the wine business, Todd’s life is dedicated to educating and helping people make better choices about food, nutrition, and how they think about consuming alcohol. As the founder of Dry Farm Wines, a writer, speaker, and a leader in the organic/Natural Wine movement, he has widely educated communities on conscious consumption.
Dry Farm Wines sources pure Natural Wines and lab tests them to ensure each bottle is sugar free (0-0.15g per glass), lower in sulfites, and lower in alcohol (under 12.5% alc/vol). The wines are friendly to low carb, Paleo, ketogenic, and low sugar diets.
Dry Farm Wines is dedicated to supporting small natural growers, currently sourcing from 600 family farmers who preserve 87,000 acres of organic vineyards and save 1.4 billion gallons of water annually by not irrigating their vines. They vet each grower’s practice and support those who focus on regenerative farming, biodiversity, hand harvesting, and the absence of industrial additives. Dry Farm Wines is proud to be the largest Natural Wine merchant in the world, bringing awareness to Natural Wine consumption and supporting farmers who honor the soil.
In this episode, we talk about differences in natural, organic and conventional wines, how red wine actually gets its color, reasons sugar is left in conventional wines and more!
- Todd explains the difference between natural wines, organic wines and conventional wines
- The reason irrigation is not used at dry farm wines
- Why conventional wine bottles don’t have nutritional labels
- Three attributes that make a natural wine
- A common myth about red wine debunked
- What does the term ‘dry farm’ mean?
- What are the differences between your wines and the average, commercial wines?
- Do your wines have lower levels of histamines than other wines?
- Do you sell the bottles individually at local stores?
- What’s the difference between your wines and companies like FitVine?
- [0:00] Welcome back to the show! Rachel gives a brief breakdown about today’s episode surround alcohol, specifically wine
- [2:00] Rachel introduces Todd White to the listeners!
- [2:30] Todd dives into his experience of ‘biohacking’
- [6:00] Additives in traditional bought wines
- [12:00] Question: Can you start with explaining what the term ‘dry farm’ means?
- [17:00] Natural wines versus conventional wines
- [32:00] Question: Can you chat about some of the major differences between your wines and average, commercial wines?
- [37:00] FDA government approved additives
- [41:00] Question: Do your wines have lower levels of histamines than the average wines?
- [43:30] Question: Do you sell the bottles individually at local stores?
- [45:00] Todd shares where you can find natural wine if you don't buy it from them
- [46:30] Raisin
- [48:30] For a penny you can grab a bottle of dry farm wines to try!
- [51:00] Question: What is the difference between your wines and companies like FitVine?
- [53:30] Question: Is there anything that you've personally changed your mind about in the last year? And why?
- [56:30] If you’re interested in checking out Dry Farm Wines and receiving a penny bottle in your first order, go to dryfarmwines.com/metflexlife
- [56:30] Listeners can find Todd White at his website www.dryfarmwines.com, and on Instagram @dryfarmwines
- [57:30] If you’re interested in checking out Dry Farm Wines and receiving a penny bottle in your first order, go to dryfarmwines.com/metflexlife
- [58:30] If you’re enjoying the show please share and tag @rachelgregory.cns on social media or head over to itunes and leave a review to help grow the show and share feedback!
- [59:00] Check out www.metflexlife.com for all nutrition tips, recipes, programs and other free content available!
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories cheat sheets chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto alternatives keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep podcast podcasts pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos