Episode 95: All Things Dieting, Training, and Supplements with Mike MatthewsFeb 09, 2021
To watch this episode, please visit Rachel’s YouTube channel.
Mike Matthews is the founder and CEO of Legion as well as a bestselling fitness author of several books, including Bigger Leaner Stronger, Thinner Leaner Stronger, and The Shredded Chef.
His simple and science-based approach to building muscle, losing fat, and getting healthy has sold nearly two million books and helped thousands of people build their best body ever, and his work has been featured in many popular outlets including Esquire, Men's Health, Elle, Women's Health, Muscle & Strength, and more, as well as on FOX and ABC.
In this episode, we talk about the simple truth behind counting calories, how to choose supplements to benefit your nutrition and exercise goals, cardio mistakes and how to redesign your training weeks to maximize muscle gains, and more!
- Top 3 mistakes when going into a diet
- Mike’s 5 supplement choices
- How to better understand the effective dose of multivitamins
- Mike’s 4 recommended exercises to prioritize in the gym
- What do you think are the top 3 mistakes people are making when they go on a diet?
- If you had to pick your top 5 supplement recommendations (individual supplements), what would they be and why?
- What do you think are the top 3 mistakes people are making with their training?
- [0:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Rachel gives a breakdown of today’s episode topics surrounding diet, exercise and supplements with guest Mike Matthews @muscleforlifefitness
- [1:00] To help grow the show please leave a review on itunes, share it out to a friend or screenshot it and tag @rachelgregory.cns
- [2:00] Rachel introduces Mike Matthews @muscleforlifefitness to the listeners!
- [3:00] Mike dives into his fitness background and writing his first book
- [3:30] Bigger Leaner Stronger
- [9:30] Check out Mike’s book collection HERE
- [11:00] Legion Workout Supplements
- [12:30] Question: What do you think are the top 3 mistakes people are making when they go on a diet?
- [13:00] Calculating a calorie deficit
- [19:30] Protein Protein Protein!
- [22:00] Average amount of daily protein intake- one gram per pound body weight or 40% calories from protein
- [37:00] Question: If you had to pick your top 5 supplement recommendations (individual supplements), what would they be and why?
- [39:00] Vitamin K and Vitamin D
- [50:00] Omega Three Supplement
- [51:00] Benefits of creatine
- [53:00] Question: What do you think are the top 3 mistakes people are making with their training?
- [1:09:30] Question: is there anything that you've personally changed your mind about in the past year? And why and it can be nutrition training, anything in your life?
- [1:11:30] Conjugate Periodization Model
- [1:17:30] You can check Mike out at https://legionathletics.com/, https://legionathletics.com/podcast/ and on instagram @muscleforlifefitness or email [email protected]
- [1:19:00] To help grow the show please leave a review on itunes, share it out to a friend or screenshot it and tag @rachelgregory.cns
- [1:19:30] Stay tuned for announcements coming! If you haven’t subscribed to newsletter go to www.metflexlife.com/newsletter
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories cheat sheets chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto alternatives keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep podcast podcasts pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos