Episode 96: Can You Build Muscle in Ketosis? + Snacking vs. Eating Larger MealsFeb 12, 2021
In this episode, Rachel breaks down the benefits of both metabolic fuels, building muscle in ketosis and incorporating carbs, insulin, why protein is queen and more!
To learn more and apply to work one-on-one with Rachel, visit her website: https://www.metflexlife.com/
Join Rachel’s weekly newsletter: https://www.metflexlife.com/newsletter
- What are your thoughts on strength training while being in ketosis long term? Can you still build muscle?
- Do you recommend snacking or trying to eat more at every meal?
- Breaking down the two sides of the spectrum in terms of fuel sources-carbs and ketones
- Insulin explained
- How to align your feeding schedule so it optimizes your circadian rhythm
- [0:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! A few announcements from Rachel before the show… Keto For Women DIY program is now open!
- [0:00] Muscle Building Program with Ashleigh Vanhouten coming April- Stay updated by subscribing to Rachel’s newsletter
- [3:00] Shout out to Ketobrick and Livesavage Apparel for being a MetFlex and Chill Podcast Sponsor for February!
- [3:30] If you’re interested in Ketobrick or Livesavage Apparel check them out HERE!
- [4:30] Question: What are your thoughts on strength training while being in ketosis long term? Can you still build muscle?
- [5:00] A Low-Carbohydrate Ketogenic Diet Combined with 6-Weeks of Crossfit Training Improves Body Composition and Performance
- [8:00] Keto For Women DIY program
- [12:30] Apply for one-one one coaching with Rachel at www.metflexlife.com/apply
- [13:00] Question: Do you recommend snacking or trying to eat more at every meal?
- [21:00] Shout out to Ketobrick and Livesavage Apparel for being a MetFlex and Chill Podcast Sponsor for February!
- [21:00] If you're enjoying the show share it out by screenshotting an episode and tagging @rachelgregory.cns or leave a review on itunes to help grow the show!
- [0:00] Check out Rachel’s resources, recipes, podcast episodes, quick guides and much more at her website www.metflexlife.com
THINGS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Keto For Women DIY program is now open!
- Sign up for The Friday Flex!
- Thank you Ketobrick or Livesavage Apparel for being February’s Sponsor!
- A Low-Carbohydrate Ketogenic Diet Combined with 6-Weeks of Crossfit Training Improves Body Composition and Performance
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories cheat sheets chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto alternatives keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep podcast podcasts pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos