Episode 146: Gaining Muscle In A Deficit, How Much Protein Per Meal, Cutting Calories On Keto, and More!Dec 31, 2021
In this episode, Rachel takes on listener questions related to gaining muscle while being in a deficit, how to optimize muscle protein synthesis and daily protein intake, signs and symptoms to look for when trying to become more metabolically flexible, and more!
The Muscle Science for Women Program is still open with a few spots left! Check it out at www.metflexlife.com/msw.
To learn more and apply to work one-on-one with Rachel, visit her website: https://www.metflexlife.com/apply
Join Rachel’s weekly newsletter: https://www.metflexlife.com/newsletter
- Can you gain muscle while in a slight deficit or are you just lifting to maintain?
- How much protein do you need per meal when building muscle?
- How long should you stay strict keto before flexing?
- If doing a cut on keto, do you track and cut calories like on other diets?
- Essentials to focus on if you want to gain (or at least maintain) muscle while in a deficit
- Questions to ask yourself if and when you’re ready to try keto
- Rachel’s daily recommendation on protein intake to optimize muscle protein synthesis
- Signs and symptoms your body might be ready to start incorporating carbs back into your diet
- [0:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Today’s episode is a Solo Q&A! THE Muscle Science for Women Program is still open with a few spots left! Check it out at www.metflexlife.com/msw. The official start date for this round is JANUARY 10th!
- [2:00] Question: Can you gain muscle while in a slight deficit or are you just lifting to maintain?
- [5:00] Essentials to focus on for optimizing muscle growth
- [10:00] Question: How much protein do you need per meal when building muscle?
- [13:00] Daily recommendation on protein intake to optimize muscle protein synthesis
- [19:30] If you’re interested in the Muscle Science For Women program check it out HERE!
- [20:00] Question: How long should I stay strict with keto before flexing?
- [22:30:] For more info on Rachel’s Keto KickStart Program check it out at www.metflexlife.com/keto-kickstart
- [28:30] Question: If doing a cut on keto, do you track and cut calories like on other diets?
- [32:00] Is keto the best diet for weight loss?
- [34:00] If you’re interested in learning more about the MSW program please don’t hesitate to reach out at [email protected] or check out the program at www.metflexlife.com/msw
THINGS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- If you’re interested in the Muscle Science For Women program round 2 starts January 10th!
- Check out other fitness and nutrition programs Rachel offers at www.metflexlife.com/programs
- Lifting, Dieting, and Fat Loss Q&A with Rachel Gregory
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle lunch meal prep miniflex muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos workout nutrition youtube