Episode 141: Keys To Growing Muscle As A Female Part 2 with Alex BushNov 26, 2021
Alex Bush is a coach, trainer, and co-founder of the online coaching platform, Physique Development. He has a bachelor's degree in Exercise Science as well as several continuing education certifications including N1, PN1, and CSCS. Alex has been coaching for 8 years and has worked with over a thousand competitive physique athletes as well as lifestyle clients. Alex resides in Ohio with his wife, Sue, and Pups, Gus & Tucker.
In this episode, Alex and Rachel discuss the remaining key factors to growing muscle as a female: why you could be getting in your own way at the gym, how much time you should invest in a building phase, how to find balance while also making physique progress, and much more!
“Discipline Leads to Freedom.” Alex Bush
- How to get the most out of an RDL
- Alex’s recommended amount of time to be in a building phase
- Try this tip if the scale causes stress but you still want to see progress over time
- Accountability is key. Why even coaches need coaches!
- [0:00] Trailer introduction to the episode
- [1:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Rachel welcomes guest Alex Bush @alexbush_ to the listeners
- [3:00] Keys To Growing Muscle As A Female Part 1 with Alex Bush
- [4:00] Fourth Key: Exercise Execution
- [6:00] How to get the most out of an RDL
- [10:00] Question: Can you speak to the difference between sensation versus actual tension and stimulus in the muscle tissue??
- [16:00] Fifth Key: Periodized Training / Progressive Overload of Stimulus
- [23:00] Sixth Key: Time/ Patience
- [26:00] Question: What's the minimum time frame that you would recommend someone go through a building phase?
- [31:00] Episode 104: 8-Month Building Phase Results & Plan For Next Cut
- [36:30] Seventh Key: Audit Social Media Outlets
- [40:00] Eighth Key: Life Outside of Training - 'Balance'
- [43:00] “Discipline Leads to Freedom.” Alex Bush
- [46:00] Benefits of investing in a coach!
- [52:00] If you’re listening to this and want to apply for one-on-one coaching with Rachel check out www.metflexlife.com/apply.
- [53:00] Episode 140: Keys To Growing Muscle As A Female Part 1 with Alex Bush
- [54:00] Listeners can find Alex Bush at his website www.physiquedevelopment.com, on Instagram @alexbush_ and YouTube @Physique Development
- [55:00] Thanks for listening to another episode! If you’re loving MetFlex and Chill and want to help grow the show, please head over to Itunes and leave a rating and review! How to Leave an Apple Podcast Review: First, Open the podcast app on your iPhone, Mac, or iPad. Then, hit the “Search” tab at the bottom right-hand corner of the page and search for MetFlex and Chill. Select the podcast, scroll down to find the subheading “Ratings & Reviews”. and select “Write a Review.” Next, select the number of stars you’d like to leave. Please choose 5 stars! Using the text box which says “Title,” write a title for your review. Then in the text box, write the review itself. The review can be up to 300 words long, but doesn’t need to be much more than: “Love the show! Thanks!” or “Rachel provides wonderful content from a multitude of expert guests!” Once you’re done select “Send” in the upper right-hand corner.
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory is a Board-Certified Nutritionist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, Podcaster, and founder of MetFlex Life. She is also the author of the international best-selling book, "21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge."
Rachel received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami. Rachel completed the first-ever human clinical trial looking at the effects of the Ketogenic Diet in non-elite CrossFit athletes, which is published in the International Journal of Sports and Exercise Medicine.
Currently, in her day-to-day coaching business, Rachel guides her clients to becoming the best, most confident version of themselves. She has a passion for educating those dedicated to optimizing their physical and mental well-being while improving long-term health and fitness goals. Her most popular course, Keto for Women, has helped women all across the world learn how to ditch the restrictive, all-or-nothing mindset associated with keto and instead thrive through the power of metabolic flexibility.
You can connect and learn more about Rachel's work by visiting her website www.metflexlife.com
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos workout nutrition youtube