Episode 38: The Keto for Women Journey with Rachel BushJul 24, 2020
Today’s special guest is Rachel Bush, a member of Rachel’s MetFlex Tribe. If you're not familiar with the MetFlex Tribe, it's made up of the women who have gone through the Keto For Women program and are now thriving as metabolically flexible badasses!
To learn more about the Keto For Women program and join the waitlist for the next round, visit https://www.metflexlife.com/keto-for-women
Rachel Bush (@ra.chels on Instagram) has been a US Air Force Flight Attendant for the last 15 years. She currently lives and works in the Washington DC area, and has also lived in Honolulu, HI.
While in Hawaii, she completed an Executive Chef Certification through the American Culinary Federation, a Register Yoga Teacher Certification through Yoga Alliance, and a Personal Trainer Certification through the American Council on Exercise.
When not traveling as a flight attendant with the US Vice President or Secretary of State, she teaches yoga to fellow Air Force members struggling with military fitness standards and runs a small private accountability and coaching group.
In her free time, Rachel enjoys movies, meditation, cooking, walking her dog with her boyfriend and exploring Old Town Alexandria and the many vineyards in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.
In this episode we talk about Rachel Bush’s experience in Rachel Gregory’s Keto for Women Program, why keto may work effortlessly the first time but could raise a challenge the second time, and the importance of accountability when trying to reach your goals!
- Why you may need to alter your approach to keto as you get further along your journey
- Benefits of using Protein Sparing Modified Fast (PSMF) days as a tool for fat loss
- How to use different tracking tools to raise awareness of progress
- The importance of accountability and having a coach and/or support group.
- [0:00] Introducing listeners to guest Rachel Bush
- [0:30] Rachel Bush explains her role with the US Airforce especially with food!
- [4:00] So what really got Rachel Bush into nutrition?
- [5:00] Growing up eating the standard American diet, without a lot of money, watching mom go through many diet trends during the fat phobia era
- [7:00] All things about following recipes! 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge: Recipes and ...
- [8:30] Exploring the keto/low carb lifestyle..
- [13:00] Turning points after experiencing exogenous ketones and keto that lead to The Keto For Women Program
- [15:30] Attempts at getting back on track after traveling to South America and doing keto after taking a diet break
- [16:30] “So glad that I found keto for women when I found keto for women, because otherwise I'd still just be miserable”.-Rachel Bush
- [18:00] Specific takeaways and perspective gains from being a part of The Keto For Women Program
- [21:30] Mindset practices and why they are important to implement
- [24:30] Carb Phobic Mentality
- [27:00] Carb up, carb refeeds and implementing them into a schedule
- [28:00] Protein Sparing Modified Fast-PSMF
- [28:30] Rachels experience incorporating PSMF days
- [30:00] Implementing a PSMF day as a tool to help reach your goals
- [32:30] Life after the Keto For Women Program
- [35:00] The basics of why tracking is important and the value of being aware of these types of measurements (i.e step counting, macros, biofeedback, etc.)
- [39:00] Advice and tips for women who have gone through similar journeys
THINGS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos workout nutrition