Episode 33: Top 5 Supplements Everyone Should Consider with Shawn WellsJul 07, 2020
Shawn Wells MPH, LDN, RD, CISSN, FISSN is the world’s leading nutritional biochemist and expert on Health Optimization. He has formulated over 500 supplements and patented 10 novel ingredients. Formerly a Chief Clinical Dietitian with over a decade of clinical experience, he has counseled thousands of people on natural health solutions such as keto, paleo, fasting, and supplements. He has also personally overcome various health issues including Epstein-Barr Virus, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, depression, insomnia, obesity, and a pituitary tumor.
As a world-renowned thought-leader on mitochondrial health, he has been paid to speak on five different continents. His insights have been prominently featured in documentaries, nationally syndicated radio programs and regularly on morning television. His expertise can help any health-conscious high achiever to better manage stress and experience higher performance and more energy through utilizing his practical holistic solutions.
In this episode we talk ALL things supplements! Efficacy, practicality, dosing recommendations, what to look for when purchasing supplements, and so much more!
- Berberine May be an extremely underrated supplement. Useful for long-term and short-term health applications
- Monitoring for cross-supplement interactions. It can lead to negative effects. It can also lead to positive effects!
- Multivitamins are often just expensive pee
- Some surprising information about creatine!
NOW Foods Giveaway Winners. Please send an email to [email protected] with your full name, shipping address, and email.
- Belinda Gunter
- [0:00] The Giveaway winners!
- [0:30] Shawn’s education history and his journey into Health
- [3:00] Someone told Shawn that he could never make it through school, and it nearly drove him to suicide. He is now known as the “World’s Greatest Formulator”
- [5:00] During getting his Master’s; Shawn had a full-on auto-immune crash and it made him change his diet forever
- [5:30] 8 years after the last major health scare; Shawn learned that he had a pituitary brain tumor. This led him to Fasting, and the Ketogenic diet
- [7:00] Shawn’s top 5 supplements - that everyone should be taking, regardless of diet
- [7:30] “Berberine has been shown to be more effective than Metformin”
- [8:30] Keto and Berberine together can help repair glycation damage - leading to anti-aging and anti-disease effects
- [14:30] 25g IVs of Vitamin C to combat certain illnesses
- [15:00] Enhanced efficacy of Vitamin D3 and Vitamin K2 taken together
- [22:00] Multivitamins. Pros, Cons, and choosing the right type
- [25:30] “Proprietary Blend”? Stay away. For multiple reasons
- [30:00] Multivitamins that are the shelf in your generic store? Expensive pee
- [32:30] Choosing the right supplement
- [35:00] Are liver supplements worth taking, long term?
- [36:00] Whole food vs. green smoothies
- [37:00] Are Organ meats nature’s multivitamins?
- [42:00] The importance of homeostatic soil organisms
- [48:00] DE111
- [50:00] Omega-3 Fatty Acids and their vast uses
- [52:30] Creatine! Just how underrated is Creatine?
- [54:00] Part two - Protein powders and exogenous ketones!
Listen to the full episode HERE.
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories cheat sheets chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto alternatives keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep muscle science for women podcast podcasts pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos