Episode 160: What is Intuitive Eating? And Does It Work with Ashleigh VanHoutenApr 08, 2022
To watch this episode and other past episodes, please visit Rachel’s YouTube channel.
Don’t forget to join Rachel’s weekly newsletter, The Friday Flex here: https://www.metflexlife.com/newsletter
In this episode, Ashleigh and Rachel tackle the most common questions around intuitive eating, how to transition from macro tracking to intuitive eating, mindset practices to help with both macro tracking and an intuitive approach, and much more!
- Macro tracking basics and how to start so it’s not a stress
- Tips on how to transition from tracking macros to intuitively eating
- One major mistake when it comes to tracking for fat loss
- Mindset practices to help with both tracking and intuitive eating
- How to handle hunger signals
- [0:00] Introduction to the episode trailer
- [0:35] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Rachel welcomes guest Ashleigh VanHouten @themusclemaven
- [0:40] Muscle Science For Women
- [1:44] Ashleigh is the podcast host for Muscle Maven Radio and Rachel is the host of MetFlex and Chill. Today they have a combined show to talk about intuitive eating
- [6:20] Question by Ashleigh: Is it possible to eat intuitively?
- [9:37] Question by Ashleigh: How would you feel if you couldn’t track for the next 6 months? How would that change how you eat? Would you be worried?
- [14:00] Question by Ashleigh: Why are you still tracking?
- [15:23] “My main thing with tracking it helps me to focus on different data points that I’m interested in for a certain period of time.” Rachel Gregory
- [17:11] Ashleigh dives into her opinion on intuitive eating and tracking
- [20:50] Question: How can I tell if the cravings that I am feeling are my own or my microbes?
- [25:51] “If people are interested in trying this intuitive eating approach, the eating environment and your behaviors are a huge part of it.” Ashleigh VanHouten
- [27:54] Tips on how to transition from tracking to an intuitive eating approach
- [29:34] Episode 120: Can I Lose Weight Without Tracking Macros?
- [34:56] “The diet doesn't end when you hit your fat loss goal. The diet ends when you've been able to maintain your results for six months.” Rachel Gregory
- [39:27] Question: How do I tell if my body knows what it needs and what it wants?
- [40:19] Episode 41: Breaking The Addiction with Karen Thomson
- [46:41] Switching from a scarcity mindset to an abundance mindset
- [49:19] Question: How do you start to listen to hunger signals if you transition to an intuitive approach after you’ve been tracking for a long period of time?
- [54:56] If you’re interested in learning more about Muscle Science For Women go to www.metflexlife.com/msw
- [59:53] Thanks for listening to another episode! If you’re loving MetFlex and Chill and want to help grow the show, please head over to Itunes and leave a rating and review! How to Leave an Apple Podcast Review: First, Open the podcast app on your iPhone, Mac, or iPad. Then, hit the “Search” tab at the bottom right-hand corner of the page and search for MetFlex and Chill. Select the podcast, scroll down to find the subheading “Ratings & Reviews”. and select “Write a Review.” Next, select the number of stars you’d like to leave. Please choose 5 stars! Using the text box which says “Title,” write a title for your review. Then in the text box, write the review itself. The review can be up to 300 words long, but doesn’t need to be much more than: “Love the show! Thanks!” or “Rachel provides wonderful content from a multitude of expert guests!” Once you’re done select “Send” in the upper right-hand corner.
Episodes Related to Today’s Topics:
- Episode 155: Q&A: How to Choose a Quality Energy Drink, Pairing Your Training with Your Lifestyle, Calorie Counting for Beginners
- Episode 54: Strategies To Curb Emotional & Boredom Eating with Ashleigh Vanhouten
- Episode 121: Enjoying Vacation Guilt-Free Through Metabolic Flexibility
- Episode 41: Breaking The Addiction with Karen Thomson
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle lunch meal prep miniflex muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos workout nutrition youtube