Episode 16: Blood Sugar Tracking & Fat Loss, Irregular Cycles, and Keto & Breastfeeding TipsMay 08, 2020
In this episode, I'm answering questions about glucose tracking for weight loss, keto’s effect on women's menstrual cycles, tips for women who are breastfeeding and want to try keto, and quarantine realizations.
To learn more and apply to work one-on-one with Rachel, visit her website: https://www.metflexlife.com/
Join Rachel’s weekly newsletter: https://www.metflexlife.com/newsletter
Episode Top Takeaways:
- Learn how to monitor your own blood glucose level for your fat loss goals
- How keto affects women is a little different for each individual, but big lifestyle changes like keto will always take some time to adjust to
- Tips on how to eat while breastfeeding
- We can all learn something about ourselves during this quarantine
- [1:08] First Question: Can you talk about Glucose tracking for weight loss?
- [1:22] Rachel’s Blood Sugar Blog
- [1:37] The most common way to track blood glucose is a cheap blood glucose monitor
- [3:20] Recommended time to check blood glucose times before and after meals
- [4:25] Continuous glucose monitor, differences (Rachel’s Instagram)
- [6:49] How a blood sugar spike affects your body
- [8:48] The Second reason to track glucose levels
- [11:44] How to prevent or improve insulin resistance
- [12:51] Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course
- [14:32] Second Question, Talk about women's cycles, could Keto make them longer?
- [16:13] Rachel’s advice to best re-regulate your cycle.
- [17:52] Seed Cycling as a tool, see links below
- [19:18] Question 3 Breastfeeding and Keto, See again episode with Dr. Jamie Seeman
- [23:27] Last Question, What Rachel has learned about herself in quarantine
THINGS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Blood Sugar Blog
- Podcast about Women’s Health with Dr. Jamie Seeman
- Podcast about Women’s Health with Ali Miller
- Seed Cycling Part 1
- Seed Cycling Part 2
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos workout nutrition