Cheesy Yellow Squash CasseroleDec 17, 2020
It’s that time of year to enjoy warm, comforting casseroles that are sooo satisfying even the non-low carb friends and family will approve!
For the squash mixture:
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 5 cups yellow squash, chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (I always use Redmond Real Salt)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- ¾ cup Avocado Oil Mayo (Primal Kitchen)
- ¾ cup Sour Cream
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Avocado Oil spray
For the topping:
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, melted
- ½ tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 cup Pork Panko
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large sauté pan over medium/high heat, add the butter, onion, squash, ½ teaspoon onion powder, and salt. Sauté until squash is tender.
- While the squash is sautéing, in a separate bowl add the chives, mayo, sour cream, sharp cheddar cheese, and ½ teaspoon onion powder. Mix until fully combined.
- When the squash is cooked, add the mayo mixture to the squash and mix well.
- Spray a baking dish with avocado oil spray and add the squash mixture to the baking dish.
- Prepare the topping. In a small bowl, add the melted butter, chives, and pork panko. Give it a good toss and then sprinkle over the top of the squash mixture.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes until the top is browned and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Nutrition Per Serving: 256 Calories, 25.4g Fat, 6.3g Protein, 7.3g Carbs, 1g Fiber, 6.3g Net Carbs
Note: To lower calories for the recipe, you can reduce the amount of butter used and cut the mayo, sour cream, and cheese amount in half.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for free recipes, exercise tips, nutrition advice, product discounts, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss fitness program keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle lunch meal prep miniflex muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos workout nutrition youtube