Episode 30: Clearing Up The Keto Confusion & Finding YOUR MetFlexJun 27, 2020
Description from The Lab Report Podcast Website:
Rachel Gregory is a Board Certified Nutritionist, a health and wellness specialist, author, and the owner of MetFlex Life, a platform that provides educational content as well as coaching services in achieving optimal health. She champions the ketogenic lifestyle, but also advocates for a more tailored approach as opposed to a cookie-cutter method for her clients. Rachel is also the author of the 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge book, a weight loss guide that follows the ketogenic lifestyle with recipes and exercise programs.
Rachel joins us to share what it means to be metabolically flexible and how it relates to the ketogenic diet. She describes how she became passionate about training and nutrition. She explains how to make the ketogenic diet work for you and why it’s normal for a woman to struggle with the diet. Rachel also discusses the importance of accountability as well as addressing other points that affect your overall wellness, such as sleep.
“Ketosis is not a fad; it is a metabolic state.” - Rachel Gregory
- Who Rachel Gregory is, what she does, and her thoughts on the ketogenic diet.
- The reason Rachel became fascinated with pursuing a degree in athletic training.
- Why Rachel decided to switch to a nutrition-focused education.
- Common misconceptions about the ketogenic diet and ketosis.
- Why women struggle more with ketosis and the ketogenic diet.
- Tailoring the ketogenic diet according to a person's profession and lifestyle.
- Adjustments to make in the ketogenic diet once you reached a certain weight.
- The importance of having someone hold you accountable for your diet.
- Developing ‘carb phobia’ in light of the ketogenic trend.
- Her thoughts on Crossfit and strength training.
- Addressing sympathetic and parasympathetic balance.
- Sleep, recovery, stress, and other factors affecting wellness.
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for free recipes, exercise tips, nutrition advice, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss fitness program keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle lunch meal prep miniflex muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos workout nutrition youtube