Cranberry Bliss Coffee CakeDec 19, 2020
A low-carb, sugar-free, AND holiday twist on traditional coffee cake! Perfect for Christmas morning or a late-night sweet treat!
For the cake:
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sweetener (such as BochaSweet, Lakanto, or Swerve)
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- Pinch of salt (Redmond Real Salt)
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs room temp
- ½ teaspoon orange extract or orange zest
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or sugar-free dried cranberries (if using fresh, finely chop them)
For the topping
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- ⅛ teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream (optional - only if you want a more whipped creamy frosting)
- ⅓ cup powdered sweetener (such as BochaSweet, Lakanto, or Swerve)
Tip: If you only have the granular version of the sweetener, you can turn it into a powdered consistency by simply grinding it in a coffee or spice grinder.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8x8 baking pan.
- Cream together the butter and sweetener. Then add molasses, salt, eggs, and extracts. Mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and add to the butter mixture. Mix well and then fold in the cranberries. Note: reserve about a quarter of the cranberries to sprinkle on the top of the finished cake after frosting.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown. When finished, allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- While the cake is cooling mix together the cream cheese, butter, sweetener, lemon extract, and heavy cream (if using) until fluffy.
- Once the cake is cool, spread the frosting on top. You may have to just add dollops of the frosting over the top then spread gently because the cake may crumble if you push or spread too hard.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with the rest of the chopped or dried cranberries and enjoy!
Nutrition Per Serving: 110 Calories, 9g Fat, 4g Protein, 3g Carbs, 1g Fiber, 2g Net Carbs
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos workout nutrition