Episode 127: Understanding Women’s Metabolism, Hormones, Cortisol, Stress, and Libido with Dr. Elly MichelleAug 20, 2021
Dr. Elly Michelle is a licensed naturopathic doctor on a mission to redefine women’s health. She is committed to transforming the way women relate to their bodies so they can heal their metabolisms, balance their hormones and feel truly healthy, energized and confident in their bodies. Dr. Elly teaches women how to create lifelong vitality and radiance through awakening their "inner cavewoman" and cultivating intimacy with their bodies. Her "Strong, Sexy & Feminine" system helps women heal their bodies through harnessing the therapeutic power of strength training, metabolically-supportive eating, living in alignment with nature and having plenty of orgasms. To learn more about Dr. Elly, follow her on Instagram @dr.ellymichelle or visit www.drellymichelle.com.
In this episode, we talk about the consequences of chronic restriction, hormone imbalances, understanding birth control methods, balancing cortisol levels, how to cultivate intimacy with your body, and more!
“Focus on foundations, always.” Dr. Elly Michelle
- One telltale sign of hormone imbalance in females
- Hormonal vs. non hormonal contraceptives
- Elly’s recommendations on herbs and supplements
- Tips on how to lower your cortisol levels at night to help wind down
- The importance of energy input to detoxify the body
- [0:30] Rachel gives a brief background of guest Dr. Elly Michelle
- [1:30] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Rachel introduces guest, Dr. Elly Michelle, to the listeners
- [2:00] Dr. Elly Michelle gives a brief background as a naturopathic doctor
- [9:00] Question: Do you have any experience on your end with women coming to you who are chronically restricting? If so, how do you help them?
- [11:00] Question: What's a common nutritional issue that you see with many of your woman clients?
- [13:00] “You're not going to get results because you can't build if you aren't putting enough building blocks in. What are you going to build muscle from?”
- [15:30] Question: Can we chat about hormone testing and how to test to see if they are within a normal range?
- [16:30] The Dutch Test
- [20:30] Question: Do you ever implement birth control with your clients based on each scenario or other factors going on?
- [25:30] Daysy Fertility Tracker
- [26:30] Question: Would the Daysy be a good option for non-cycling women?
- [27:00] Question: Can you chat about how you address women dealing with low libido?
- [32:30] Question: Do you have any stress management tips or techniques?
- [34:30] Question: Are there any supplements or herbs or anything that you recommend to your clients or that you use?
- [34:30] “Focus on foundations, always.”
- [39:00] Magnesium
- [43:00] Download your FREE Optimizing Sleep Checklist!
- [48:30] Seven markers of thyroid health
- [50:30] “Thyroid governs metabolism, thyroid is responsible for the pace at which your biochemical and physiological processes occur.”
- [56:00] Question: Can you tell the listeners about your personal eating & exercise routines?
- [1:04:30] Kabocha Dessert Bowl
- [1:06:00] Question: Anything exciting you’re working on or want to share about?
- [1:08:00] Listeners can find Dr. Elly Michelle at her website http://www.drellymichelle.com/, and on Instagram @drellymichelle
- [1:09:30] Thanks for listening to another episode! If you’re loving MetFlex and Chill and want to help grow the show, please head over to Itunes and leave a rating and review! How to Leave an Apple Podcast Review: First, Open the podcast app on your iPhone, Mac, or iPad. Then, hit the “Search” tab at the bottom right-hand corner of the page and search for MetFlex and Chill. Select the podcast, scroll down to find the subheading “Ratings & Reviews”. and select “Write a Review.” Next, select the number of stars you’d like to leave. Please choose 5 stars! Using the text box which says “Title,” write a title for your review. Then in the text box, write the review itself. The review can be up to 300 words long, but doesn’t need to be much more than: “Love the show! Thanks!” or “Rachel provides wonderful content from a multitude of expert guests!” Once you’re done select “Send” in the upper right-hand corner.
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos workout nutrition youtube