Episode 64: Calorie Cycling, Losing Weight With Adrenal Fatigue, Goal Setting, and More!Oct 23, 2020
In this episode, Rachel breaks down several types of calorie cycling and how to decide if it’s right for you, adrenal fatigue, addressing life stressors, how to actually set goals you will stick to, and more!
To learn more and apply to work one-on-one with Rachel, visit her website: https://www.metflexlife.com/
Join Rachel’s weekly newsletter: https://www.metflexlife.com/newsletter
- Would it be possible to minimize weight gain during a muscle building phase if you ate at a surplus on lifting days, but ate at a deficit on recovery days, if you're following a three to four times per week lifting routine?
- How to lose weight with adrenal fatigue? Especially adrenal insufficiency
- How do you go about setting weekly and or monthly goals for yourself?
- Types of calorie cycling and ways to implement them into your regimen
- Tips on reducing stressors in your daily routine
- Two crucial questions to ask yourself when setting goals
- Rachel’s go-to guide on successful goal setting
- [0:00] Happy Friday! Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Thank you Ketobrick for sponsoring the Friday episodes of MetFlex and Chill for the month of October! Use the code METFLEXLIFE when you purchase at ketobrick.com to be entered to win a free month supply of keto bricks!
- [0:30] Question: Would it be possible to minimize weight gain during a muscle building phase if you ate at a surplus on lifting days, but ate at a deficit on recovery days, if you're following a three to four times per week lifting routine?
- [4:00] PSMF days, carb cycling, calorie cycling
- [8:30] Question: How to lose weight with adrenal fatigue? Especially adrenal insufficiency
- [10:30] What is adrenal insufficiency?
- [12:00] How to lose weight with adrenal fatigue? Start with stress reduction!
- [15:30] Question: How do you go about setting weekly and or monthly goals for yourself?
- [16:00] Outcome Goals: something you want to happen (i.e., lose weight, build muscle, be less stressed, sleep more, etc.)
- [17:00] Behavior Goals: the action you do or practice to work towards that outcome (i.e., track macros and calories consistently, meal prep for the week, lift weights 3x/week, practice meditation, journal, follow a nighttime routine)
- [17:30] Apply for one-on-one coaching by going to www.metflexlife.com/apply
- [19:00] Four different areas to set goals in: Body, Mindset, Relationships, Business/Work
- [23:00] Shout out to Ketobrick for sponsoring MetFlex and Chill for the month of October! Use the code METFLEXLIFE when you purchase to be entered to win a free month supply of keto bricks! If you’re enjoying this podcast the best way to help grow it, is to take a screenshot and share it to your instagram story and tag @rachelgregory.cns or if you want to be really helpful you can leave a review on the Itunes podcast app!
THINGS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Check out MetFlex and Chill sponsor for the month of October: Ketobrick
- Apply for one-on-one coaching with Rachel at www.metflexlife.com/apply
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos workout nutrition youtube