Episode 67: Getting Comfortable With The Uncomfortable with Caroline OfensteinNov 03, 2020
To watch this episode, please visit Rachel’s YouTube channel.
Caroline is a lifelong athlete and as of 2020, officially an IFBB Bikini Pro. She has been a nutrition and fitness coach since 2016 and currently works as an online coach for athletes and lifestyle clients with the Tailored Coaching Method.
In this episode, we talk about how to start your bodybuilding journey from scratch, mental accountability gains from hiring a coach, balancing cardio based training and resistance training, importance of investing in mindset practices to achieve optimal health and much more!
- How to incorporate a primer phase when starting a diet
- Caroline’s tips on how to have your next diet be your last diet
- Strategies on pivoting from cardio based training to resistance training as a beginner
- Top workouts to focus on if you’re short on time
- Reasons optimal health requires healthy mental and physical habits
- What are your thoughts on women embracing a building phase and why might it be necessary to be able to create their ‘best physique’?
- Where can I start if I'm interested in bodybuilding?
- What is one takeaway from your first bodybuilding show compared to your most recent one?
- What are the best ways to build and or maintain muscle over 50 years old for a female in menopause?
- I'm low on time, what are some of the top exercises females should do every day?
- Do supplements help, especially if you have low androgens?
- After having a baby, what are the most effective exercises to help rebuild your core?
- [0:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Rachel introduces Caroline Ofenstein @carolineofenstein_tcm to the listeners
- [1:00] If you’re interested in getting questions answered by one of MetFlex and Chill guests please follow Rachel on instagram @rachelgregory.cns where she posts a question box every week in her story! You can also email your questions to [email protected]
- [2:30] Rachel introduces Caroline Ofenstein @carolineofenstein_tcm to the listeners
- [3:00] Caroline dives into her history of how she got into nutrition, experimented with Paleo and Crossfit and overall how she got to where she currently is today with the @tailoredcoachingmethod
- [10:30] Transition from crossfit to bodybuilding and bikini competition
- [12:00] Question: What are your thoughts on women embracing a building phase and why might it be necessary to be able to create their ‘best physique’?
- [20:30] Importance of periodization nutrition and training and what that looks for gen pop clients
- [28:00] Question: Where can I start if I'm interested in bodybuilding?
- [28:30] Bikini Competition Crash Course Blog and Muscle Growth For The Female Lifter Blog
- [30:30] Question: What is one takeaway from your first bodybuilding show compared to your most recent one?
- [33:00] Question: Do you have any type of routine that you follow, you know, on a daily basis to get you into the right mindset? Mindset Timer
- [36:00] Question: What are the best ways to build and or maintain muscle over 50 years old for a female in menopause?
- [39:30] Question: I'm low on time, what are some of the top exercises females should do every day?
- [42:00] Question: Do supplements help, especially if you have low androgens?
- [45:30] Caroline’s tips on creatine and why it might be advantageous, especially for women who are looking to build muscle
- [46:00] Muscle Growth For The Female Lifter
- [48:00] Question: After having a baby, what are the most effective exercises to help rebuild your core?
- [48:30] Pelvic Floor Health
- [49:30] Episode 32: Building An Anti-Fragile Core: The Secret To Sexy AND Functional Abs
- [51:00] Question: What’s something you have changed your mind about in the past year or so and why?
- [53:00] Question: Is there anything that you've been maybe implementing, like in your own routine lately? Whether it's nutrition, fitness mindset, anything like that, that you've noticed benefits from like within the last few months, few weeks?
- [56:00] Stephanie Buttermore on youtube Concept of body checking
- [57:00] You can find Caroline on instagram @carolineofenstein_tcm and her website https://tailoredcoachingmethod.com
- [58:00] Thanks for listening to another episode! The best way to spread the word about the material the podcast puts out is to share with your friends or anyone you think will enjoy! Take a screenshot of the episode and tag Rachel @Rachelgregory.cns in your stories. Visit Metflexlife.com for any programs, blogs or other podcasts etc.
- [58:30] If you would like to leave a review on itunes that would be great and will also help grow the show. Thank you, and see you next time!
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for free recipes, exercise tips, nutrition advice, product discounts, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss fitness program keto basics keto for women lifestyle meal prep miniflex muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes tips transformations vegetables & sides workout nutrition