Goat Cheese and Mushroom Cauliflower RisottoJun 26, 2019
Yes, it’s 100% possible to make creamy, rich, delicious ‘risotto’ that’s low-carb AND suitable for those who are sensitive to cow’s milk dairy.
How?? Well, there are 2 main ingredients that make it happen. The first is pretty obvious - cauliflower rice. These days cauliflower can replace pretty much everything. 😆
The second ingredient isn’t so obvious. But, it’s definitely the star of this dish…and that is Goat Milk Kefir! It gives this dish a super creamy consistency and subtly tart flavor, different than anything you’ve ever had before. Try it out and thank me later! 😎
15 mins Cook Time:
25 mins Total Time
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 1 cup (170g) chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 cups (~8 ounces) chopped baby bella mushrooms
- 3 cups cauliflower rice, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup (~4 fl oz.) Redwood Hill Farm Plain Cultured Goat Milk Kefir
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- In a large pan, melt oil or butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, basil, and parsley. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until mushrooms begin to soften.
- Add cauliflower, goat milk kefir, salt, and pepper. Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the cauliflower and mushrooms have absorbed most of the liquid and mixture is creamy.
- Taste and adjust salt/spices to your liking. Sprinkle with goat cheese and chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Nutrition Per Serving (~ ¾ cup or 160 grams) Calories: 151; Total Fat: 7g; Protein: 9g; Total Carbs: 13g; Fiber: 5g; Net Carbs: 8g
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos workout nutrition