Lemon Blueberry Keto CheesecakeJun 26, 2019
This is definitely NOT your average cheesecake! 😎
- It’s sugar-free/low-carb/keto-friendly (duh!)
- It’s made with goat milk yogurt and goat cheese (no cow’s dairy in this thing!). Goat milk is a great alternative for those who are sensitive to cow’s milk dairy because it’s much easier to digest due to the smaller size of fat globules in goat milk. They form a smaller, softer curd in the stomach and allow it to be more rapidly broken down by stomach enzymes.
- It can be made in a toaster oven!! (or regular oven..but the toaster oven is so cute and perfect for summertime use! 😅)
- It’s SUPER easy to throw together and doesn't require a long time to chill in the fridge (faster time to get in your belly! 😆)
10 mins Cook Time:
30 to 40 mins Cool Time:
60 mins Total Time:
Makes 8 Servings
For the Crust
- 1 cup (60g) pecans, finely ground
- 1 tbsp butter, coconut oil, or ghee, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Dash of cinnamon
For the Filling:
- 11 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1 cup (227g) RedwoodHill Farm Plain Goat Milk Yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 25 drops liquid monk fruit (or preferred sweetener to taste)
For the Topping:
- 1 cup (150g) blueberries
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 12 drops liquid monk fruit (or preferred sweetener to taste)
- Preheat your toaster oven (or regular oven) to 325°F and lightly grease a 4-inch springform pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together ground pecans, butter, salt, and cinnamon until well combined. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool while you make the filling.
- To make the cheesecake filling, in a medium bowl, beat together the goat cheese, yogurt, egg, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract with an electric hand mixer until well combined. Add sweetener and beat just until combined. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Spoon the cheesecake filling over the baked crust and smooth the top. Turn the oven to 300°F and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until the edges are set and the center jiggles slightly when shaken. Let cool at room temperature and then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Before serving, prepare the blueberry sauce. In a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, water, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture boils. Lower heat and whisk in the xanthan gum and sweetener. Simmer over low heat, whisking constantly, until mixture begins to thicken, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Pour blueberry sauce over cheesecake, cut into slices, and enjoy!
Nutrition Per Serving (1 Slice): 217 Calories, 17g Fat, 9g Protein, 7g Carbs, 1g Fiber, 6g Net Carbs
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast cheat sheets chicken & seafood desserts dinner fat loss keto alternatives keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle lunch meal prep podcast podcasts pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources soups & salads tips vegetables & sides videos