Low-Carb Keto Pizzelle Recipe (With Almond Flour)Dec 28, 2020
This low-carb keto pizzelle recipe is a little different from traditional pizzelles—but it's downright delicious! This recipe makes almond flour pizzelles, so you'll need some of that on hand. It's low-carb, low-fat, and high in protein—what more could you ask for?
You can add sprinkles of any color depending on the time of year! This keto pizzelle recipe uses green and red for Christmas! You will need a pizzelle iron, though.
Low-Carb Keto Pizzelle Recipe
Keto Almond Flour Pizzelle Ingredients
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sweetener (such as BochaSweet, Lakanto, or Swerve)
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fine almond flour
- ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- sprinkles (optional)
Keto Pizzelle Instructions
- In a high-powered blender or with a hand-mixer, combine the eggs, sweetener, and almond extract. Blend a few seconds to combine.
- Slowly add in butter while blending/mixing
- Once combined, add the almond flour, baking powder, and salt and blend for 30 seconds to combine.
- Lest batter rest for 10 minutes
- While the batter is resting, heat pizzelle iron according to instructions
- Place a walnut-sized amount of dough on pizzelle iron and press down. If using sprinkles for décor, sprinkle onto the dough before closing the pizzelle iron.
- Pizzelle irons will vary; check around 60 seconds to see if done. They should be light golden brown.
Notes: To make them crispier, put the cookies (single layer) on a cookie sheet in a 200° oven for 12 minutes.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle lunch meal prep miniflex muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos workout nutrition youtube