Low-Carb PizzellesDec 28, 2020
A little different than traditional pizzelles, but still delicious! You can add sprinkles of any color depending on the time of year! This recipe uses green and red for Christmas! You will need a pizzelle iron. :)
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sweetener (such as BochaSweet, Lakanto, or Swerve)
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fine almond flour
- ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- sprinkles (optional)
- In a high-powered blender or with a hand-mixer, combine the eggs, sweetener, and almond extract. Blend a few seconds to combine.
- Slowly add in butter while blending/mixing
- Once combined, add the almond flour, baking powder, and salt and blend for 30 seconds to combine.
- Lest batter rest for 10 minutes
- While the batter is resting, heat pizzelle iron according to instructions
- Place a walnut-sized amount of dough on pizzelle iron and press down. If using sprinkles for décor, sprinkle onto the dough before closing the pizzelle iron.
- Pizzelle irons will vary; check around 60 seconds to see if done. They should be light golden brown.
Notes: To make them crispier, put the cookies (single layer) on a cookie sheet in a 200° oven for 12 minutes.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories cheat sheets chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto alternatives keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep muscle science for women podcast podcasts pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos