Low-Carb Turkey Pot PieNov 27, 2020
Need a super easy recipe for all that leftover turkey?? This low-carb turkey pot pie comes together in less than 20 minutes and can be made with a variety of different veggies depending on your preference. It's a crowd-pleaser for sure!
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
Makes 6 Servings
For the filling:
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 12 ounces precooked turkey (or chicken), chopped or shredded (about 2 ½ cups)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Bone Broth
- ¼ cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 1 tablespoon gelatin (or ½ teaspoon xanthan or guar gum), for thickening
For the crust:
- 1 ½ cups (about 6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning (or seasonings of choice)
To make the filling:
- Preheat oven to 400℉ and grease a 9-inch square baking dish.
- In a large pot, melt the butter or ghee over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes, until fragrant. Add the broccoli, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the broth, cream, and gelatin. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens. Meanwhile, prepare the dough.
- Add the turkey to the vegetable mixture and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
To make the crust:
- Put the mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds and then stir until combined. If the cheese isn’t completely melted, microwave for another 10 to 15 seconds.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together the almond flour and seasoning.
- Add the almond flour mixture to the cheese along with the egg. Knead together starting with a spatula and then using your hands (if desired) until the dough comes together. If the dough becomes hard to mix, microwave for another 10 to 15 seconds to soften.
- Place dough on a piece of parchment paper. Form into a square and then place another piece of parchment paper over the dough. Roll out the dough until it is just slightly bigger than the baking dish. Remove the top piece of parchment.
- Carefully flip the dough over the top of the filling in the baking dish, using a spatula to peel away the parchment paper if it sticks.
- Ensure the dough is evenly distributed and then make several slits with a knife. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve. Enjoy!
Nutrition Per Serving (⅙ of pie): Calories: 386; Total Fat: 26g; Protein: 30g; Total Carbs: 8g; Fiber: 3g; Net Carbs: 5g
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories cheat sheets chicken & seafood desserts dinner fat loss keto alternatives keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep podcast podcasts pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips vegetables & sides videos