Episode 103: Muscle Science For WomenMar 12, 2021
To watch this episode, please visit Rachel’s YouTube channel.
In this episode, Ashleigh and I are chatting all about our ‘Muscle Science For Women’ course, who could benefit from investing in this course, how to make sustainable change to your physique, why it's our mission to change the meaning of being ‘toned’ and ‘skinny fat’ and much much more!
"You're a lot more likely to make sustainable, lasting change when you actually understand why you're doing the things you're doing." Ashleigh Vanhouten
"There's never just one way to do something. But once you figure out your specific goal and understand the tools, strategies, and structure that you need to reach that goal...now you at least have a solid starting point." Rachel Gregory
- Key components to an aesthetic body
- Muscle strength vs. muscle hypertrophy
- Misconceptions around cardio and weight lifting for fat loss
- Debunking myths around lifting for males vs. females
- [0:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Rachel shares what her and Ashleigh have been working on!
- [1:00] LEARN MORE: www.metflexlife.com/muscle-science-women
- [1:30] Rachel and Ashleigh announce their Muscle Science For Women Program coming April 12th!
- [9:30] Program is education and researched backed plus will be able to carry on after the three months to continue to apply to your goals
- [14:30] SIGN UP HERE: Muscle Science For Women
- [20:00] Understanding the nutritional puzzle piece to bodybuilding and how it can help you reach your goals
- [21:00] Lead with intention - knowing and having a goal to work towards
- [25:30] How long the program will be active
- [29:30] Phases of the program and how it’s set up
- [31:00] “You can get stronger and get bigger muscles lifting less weight than the girl next to you if you're lifting it really effectively and efficiently and in a focused way and with intention.” Ashleigh
- [33:30] “It’s amazing what you can do when you throw your ego in the garbage.” A.V
- [37:30] Who would benefit from this program?
- [42:30] A dive into getting fit and “toned”
- [45:30] “Toned means you have to put in the work to build the muscle first.” R.G
- [47:30] What it means to be skinny fat
- [51:30] Physical and physiological benefits to building muscle
- [58:00] Program starts April 12th!
- [1:01:00] If you want to learn more check it out HERE!
- [1:02:30] “Why is there a special word for women being muscular? Why do we have to have special soft euphemism words like you know, call us both muscular or call us both toned?” A.V.
- [1:06:00] Age ranges who can benefit from this program
- [1:08:30] If you’re interested in Muscle Science For Women visit: www.metflexlife.com/muscle-science-women
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories cheat sheets chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto alternatives keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep muscle science for women podcast podcasts pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos