Episode 37: The Evolution of Super Coffee with Jimmy Decicco
In this episode we talk about the origins of SuperCoffee, the secrets to building a successful business, and more!
Listeners can find Jimmy at https://www.drinksupercoffee.com, and on Instagram @DrinkSuperCoffee
Jimmy Decicco is the CEO at Kitu Life Inc., makers of Super Coffee and Super Creamer. Since 2015, Jimmy and his brothers have raised $18 million in venture capital. They've pitched on ABC's Shark Tank, and have been featured in the 2019 Class of Forbes' 30 Under 30.
GIVEAWAY for today’s episode is brought to you by SUPER CREAMER!
3 winners will EACH receive $100 gift card to try the products of choice from Super Coffee
- Subscribe to the MetFlex & Chill podcast
- Leave a rating and a review mentioning something you learned or took away from this episode.
- *Note: If you have already left a rating and review for a previous episode, you can still enter this giveaway by taking a screenshot of the episode, posting it in your Instagram story, and tagging @rachelgregory.cns for a chance to win!
- What it takes to build a business
- Behind the scenes of Shark Tank
- The potential role keto diets play in contact sports like football
- Why adding L-theanine to your morning coffee is beneficial
- [1:30] The origins of SuperCoffee and the need for ready-to-drink coffee without sugar!
- [2:00] Rachel’s favorite creamer: Sweet Cream
- [3:00] Jimmy’s athletic career and the traditional “athletic” diet
- [5:00] SuperCoffee came first, the knowledge about low-carb diets came later
- [6:30] In and out of ketosis, but not specifically Metabolic-Health focused
- [8:30] Ketogenic diets and contact sports
- [9:30] “In college...We had every resource available to us the best weight room, the best food, the best coaches, but nobody was talking about nutrition.”
- [12:00] Key to Life, Inc. and KITU explanation
- [13:30] KITU/SuperCoffee’s appearance on Shark Tank
- [16:00] Two years later: Lessons post-Shark Tank
- [17:00] “Take Action. Everyone has ideas and product ideas… You’re never ready. I’ve been running SuperCoffee for 5 years and I’m still not ready to be a CEO”
- [19:00] Beginning stages of business hiccups
- [21:00] The decision to put L-Theanine in the cold brew
- [23:00] Recent products: Plant-Based creamers, Coconut Milk Mocha, and ground Coffee with Vitamins and Nutrients blended into the grounds
- [26:00] Jimmy’s exercise and fitness routines
- [28:30] Quarantine’s effect on KITU
- [31:30] Is there anything that you have changed your mind about in the last year and why?
- [34:30] Recent routine additions: Essential amino acids, Ben Greenfield’s Boundless, and burning tons of calories at your at-home workstation
- [36:00] KION E.A.A.s
- [38:00] Instagram @DrinkSuperCoffee
- [39:00] THE GIVEAWAY!
Listen to the full episode HERE.
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).