Episode 42: Fasting Q&A with Ashleigh VanHoutenAug 07, 2020
To learn more about the Keto For Women program and join the waitlist for the next round, visit https://www.metflexlife.com/keto-for-women
To learn more and apply to work one-on-one with Rachel, visit her website: https://www.metflexlife.com/
Listeners can find Ashleigh VanHouten on Instagram @themusclemaven
In this episode Ashleigh and Rachel do an impromptu live Q&A all about fasting, how fasting relates to your goals, the benefits of mindful eating, portion control and more!
- There are several types of fasts but the ones that work for you are the ones you can adhere to
- Calories don’t just ‘reset’ overnight
- Autophagy can be reached through fasting AND exercise
- The importance of mindful eating in relation to better digestion
- [0:00] Live Q&A with Ashleigh VanHouten on all things fasting!
- [1:30] Understanding Fat Loss Plateaus, Diet Breaks and Refeeds, Targeted Keto, and More!
- [4:00] Using fasting as a tool to build mental resilience-Rachels goals around doing an extended fast
- [6:00] Ashleigh’s reasonings for doing an extended fast
- [11:30] Successful ways to achieve a fast
- [17:00] General advice when starting a fast
- [20:30] Ashleigh weighs in on considerations around fasting
- [21:30] Err on the side of caution going down the “fasting rabbit hole”..
- [23:00] Stress factors to take into consideration
- [24:30] Types of fasting and what could potentially break a fast
- [27:30] Using Protein Sparing Modified Fasts as an adherence tool
- [34:30] Recommendations on tapering calorie intake or prepping before a 36 hour fast
- [38:00] Health benefits between an 18 hour fast and a 24+ hour fast
- [40:00] To manage stress it may be more beneficial to do a compressed eating window
- [41:00] Portion control tips and tricks.. The handful diet
- [48:00] The Satiety Index: #2 Reason All Calories Are NOT Equal
- [49:30] Types of foods to eat after you do an extended fast
- [53:30] Successful tips to fast around your family
- [57:00] What is the right amount of salt while fasting?
- [59:00] Signs and symptoms you may not be hitting your caloric intake
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast cheat sheets chicken & seafood desserts dinner fat loss keto alternatives keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle lunch meal prep podcast podcasts pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources soups & salads tips vegetables & sides videos