Episode 52: Most Common Causes of Bloating, Intermittent Fasting vs. Time Restricted Feeding, and Training While FastedSep 11, 2020
In this episode, I dive into common causes of bloating and how to remedy them, tips around fasting and time restricted eating, how to align training to crush your goals in a fasted or fed state, and more!
To learn more and apply to work one-on-one with Rachel, visit her website: https://www.metflexlife.com/
Join Rachel’s weekly newsletter: https://www.metflexlife.com/newsletter
- Causes of bloating after eating? I start the day with a flat stomach and end it feeling pregnant.
- What’s the difference between intermittent fasting and time restricted feeding?
- Does training outside of your eating window while doing intermittent fasting impact your body in a negative way?
- Common causes of bloating and tips to decrease bloating
- One super helpful tip to start the production of digestive enzymes
- Two at home tests to try if you think you have low stomach acid
- Tips around fasting and time restricted eating to best suit your goals
- [0:00] Welcome back to another Q&A episode! If you’re enjoying this podcast and think someone will too please share :) :) take a screenshot, tag @rachelgregory.cns on Instagram
- [0:30] If you’re interested in more podcast episodes, 1-on-1 coaching, recipes, free educational content and much more.. visit my website: www.metflexlife.com
- [1:00] Question #1: Causes of bloating after eating? I start the day with a flat stomach and end it feeling pregnant.
- [2:00] The most common causes of bloating!
- [2:30] Bloating cause #1: Not chewing your food enough
- [3:30] Food preparation and preparing your body to eat actually starts the production of digestive enzymes
- [4:30] Bloating cause #2: Lacking the necessary amounts of digestive enzymes
- [5:00] Episode 22: Veggies & Bloating, How To Know If You’re Metabolically Flexible, Low Energy During HIIT, The Lion Diet, and More!
- [5:00] Bloating cause #3: Drinking too much fluid while you're eating
- [6:00] Bloating cause #4: Eating in a stressed out state or focused on something else while you're eating
- [7:00] Bloating cause #5: Distracted while eating i.e focusing on t.v, phone, etc.
- [7:30] Bloating cause #6: Veggies
- [8:00] If you’re interested in tips and tricks on how to properly cook vegetables to decrease bloating check out Episode #22
- [8:30] Bloating cause #7: Low stomach acid
- [8:30] Episode 12: Pre-Workout Nutrition, Testing for Low Stomach Acid, and the Truth About Spiked Seltzer
- [9:00] Bloating cause #8: eating too large of a portion size and eating foods that cause food allergies or intolerances
- [11:30] Bloating cause #9: Consuming too many sugar alcohols
- [12:30] Bloating cause #10: Chewing gum!
- [13:30] Bloating cause #11: Drinking carbonated H2O
- [14:30] Question #2: What’s the difference between intermittent fasting and time restricted feeding?
- [16:00] Common approaches to intermittent fasting
- [18:30] Time restricted feeding
- [20:00] Question #3: Does training outside of your eating window while doing intermittent fasting impact your body in a negative way?
- [23:00] Thanks for listening! Remember..If you're enjoying these Q&A sessions or podcasts, please make sure to share it out with your friends and family. Take a screenshot of the episode posted on Instagram and tag me @rachelgregory.cns
THINGS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- For more tips, free content, and recipes, or to apply to work with me, visit my website
- Episode 22: Veggies & Bloating, How To Know If You’re Metabolically Flexible, Low Energy During HIIT, The Lion Diet, and More!
- Episode 12: Pre-Workout Nutrition, Testing for Low Stomach Acid, and the Truth About Spiked Seltzer
- Intermittent Fasting tools
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos workout nutrition