Lamb Meatballs with TzatzikiMay 15, 2019
15 mins Cook Time:
25 mins Total Time
Makes 6 Servings
- For the Tzatziki
- For the Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground lamb (or a 50-50 mix of lamb & beef)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp Mediterranean Spice Blend (from my book pg. 237) or use Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint (optional)
- 2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tsp sea salt
To Make the Tzatziki
- Wrap the grated cucumber in a clean dishtowel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cucumber, yogurt, dill, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator while you prepare the meatballs
To Make the Meatballs
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients for the meatballs and mix until well combined.
- Form into 24 even meatballs (I use an ice-cream scoop for this part) and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
- Top with tzatziki sauce. Enjoy!
Serve meatballs and tzatziki over sautéed cauliflower rice cooked with chopped scallions, dill, mint, garlic, and Mediterranean Spice Blend for an extra kick!
Nutrition Per Serving (4 meatballs + 2 tbsp Tzatziki): 408 Calories, 28g Fat, 33g Protein, 6g Carbs, 1g Fiber, 5g Net Carbs
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!