For the base:
- 3/4 cup (200g) egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (I always use Redmond Real Salt)
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sweetener to taste (optional) I used 6 drops vanilla-flavored liquid monk fruit from NOW Foods but you can use any sweetener or flavoring you like)
- Code "KILLINITKETONOW10" gets you $10 off $40 at nowfoods.com through December 31st, 2020.
- 1 scoop (~30g) Protein Powder (such as Perfect Keto Vanilla Whey)
- Code "KILLINITKETO" gets you 20% off at checkout
For blueberry muffins:
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup (~120g) fresh blueberries
- Granular sweetener of choice to sprinkle on top (I used Golden Monk Fruit)
For chocolate chip muffins:
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- In a large bowl, add the egg whites, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt, vanilla extract, and sweetener (if desired). Using an electric or stand mixer with a whisk attachment, beat egg white mixture until stiff peaks form.
- Then, gently fold in the protein powder until well combined.
- Add desired mix-ins (blueberry and chocolate chip shown here) but you can use whatever you want.
- Scoop batter evenly into 12 silicone baking cups (you can try to use a regular greased muffin tin but they make stick).
- Sprinkle with granular sweetener and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!
Nutrition Per Serving (1 blueberry muffin): 24 Calories, 0g Fat, 4g Protein, 2g Carbs, 0g Fiber, 2g Net Carb
Nutrition Per Serving (1 chocolate chip muffin): 33 Calories, 1g Fat, 4g Protein, 2g Carbs, 0g Fiber, 2g Net Carb