Meal Prep: Ground Pork and CabbageNov 03, 2019
Are you tired of scrambling at the last minute to make a nutritious low carb and high protein meal? Look no further as this quick and easy meal prep can be prepared in a snap! It's super simple to throw together and makes for a terrific addition to your weekly meal prep!
5 mins Cook Time:
15 mins Total Time
Makes 5 Servings
- Avocado Oil Spray
- 2 lbs. (32 ounces) Ground Pork (I like ButcherBox brand)
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt (I always use Redmond Real Salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon Sage
- 1/2 tablespoon Thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon Rosemary
- 2 tablespoon Chive
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 bags of prepare cut coleslaw mix of cabbage and carrots (16 ounces each bag)
- Optional but makes it delicious: 1/2 tablespoon of toasted sesame seed oil drizzled over each of the prepared container
- Spray a large stockpot with Avocado Oil Spray and add in the Ground Pork, salt, and pepper and brown until no longer pink.
- Then add all of the remaining spices and coconut aminos to the pork and give it a good stir.
- Add in the coleslaw mix and stir and add the top on for 3-4 minutes until the cabbage is cooked to your taste. I like a little crunch in my cabbage and only sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into the glass containers and drizzle the toasted sesame seed oil over each dish and allow time to cool before adding the tops to the containers.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to heat and eat!
Nutrition Per Serving: Calories: 401; Total Fat: 22g; Protein: 36g; Total Carbs: 15g Fiber: 8g Net Carbs: 7g
Notes: Food containers are glass 2-Cup Rectangle Food Storage Container and can be purchased at many stores or online from my Amazon store.
Guest post by my client and friend Michelle. Check out her AWESOME Instagram page HERE for more meal prep ideas!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast cheat sheets chicken & seafood desserts dinner fat loss keto alternatives keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle lunch meal prep podcast podcasts pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources soups & salads tips vegetables & sides videos