5-Minute High-Protein Ice CreamJun 15, 2019
4 Tips for How to Make High-Protein Ice Cream
1. Consistency Comes Down to Protein Powder
2. Jump on Some Sweet Discounts
3. Choose With or Without Xanthan Gum
4. Bring Out the Food Scale
High-Protein Ice Cream Recipe
5 mins Cool Time:
0 mins Total Time
Makes 1 Serving
- ~1 cup (220-240mL) unsweetened cashew milk (or milk of choice)
- 30-40 grams protein powder
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 350-400 grams ice
- In a high-speed blender, add cashew milk, protein powder, xanthan gum and ice (in that order).
- Cover and set at low speed. Turn on and let blend for 2-3 minutes (may need to stir occasionally).
- Remove the lid, scrape down the sides, and then cover and blend again on the highest setting for ~15-20 seconds. If using a Vitamix or similar blender, use the mixing tool and constantly stir while the mixture is blending on high speed. If you don't have a powerful blender, you will probably have to stop and start it a few times, scraping down the sides in between blends.
- Once the mixture becomes thick and creamy, you're good to go! (Be patient, it can take a few minutes to get there)
- Transfer to a bowl, add toppings if desired, and enjoy! I highly recommend this stainless steel insulated bowl - keeps everything nice and cold (while keeping your hands warm and avoids excessive melting - unless you like soupy ice cream!) 😉
High-Protein Ice Cream Toppings
Feel free to add toppings of your choice to spruce it up a bit! My favorites include:
- Sugar-free chocolate syrup
- Crumbled granola bars
- Nuts or seeds
- Whipped cream
- Protein Nut butter
- Fresh or frozen berries
Want more recipes like this and nutritional advice to hit your goals? Join our women's-only fitness program!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for free recipes, exercise tips, nutrition advice, product discounts, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss fitness program keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle lunch meal prep miniflex muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos workout nutrition youtube