Sugar-Free Eggnog TrufflesDec 18, 2020
When the seasons start to change and the weather gets cold, the first thing I think of is eggnog! Not store-bought eggnog but fresh homemade eggnog. That fresh eggnog is what inspired this recipe.
For the truffle filling
- 8 ounces sugar-free white chocolate chips (such as Lily's or Choc Zero)
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon rum extract
For the coating
- 6 ounces sugar-free white chocolate chips (such as Lily's or Choc Zero)
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- shredded coconut or cocoa powder (optional)
- Microwave heavy cream until hot (about 1 minute).
- Measure out chocolate chips in a small bowl and add softened butter.
- Add heavy cream to chocolate and let sit for about 1 minute. Slowly begin to stir until chocolate is melted and ingredients are incorporated.
- Add nutmeg and rum extract and stir until incorporated.
- Refrigerate until firm - about 1 hour.
- Scoop filling into small portions and roll into balls. Refrigerate again until firm - about another 15-20 minutes.
- While truffles are cooling the second time, make the white chocolate coating. In a small bowl, microwave white chocolate for 30 seconds, stir in coconut oil, and then microwave another 30 seconds. Continue microwaving chocolate in 20-second intervals (stirring after each interval) until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip truffles into melted chocolate, coating well. If rolling in shredded coconut or cocoa powder, do this now before returning to the refrigerator to cool until firm.
- Serve as is or use toothpicks to create little snowmen!
Nutrition Per Serving: 126 Calories, 10g Fat, 1g Protein, 8g Carbs, 5g Fiber, 3g Net Carbs
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories cheat sheets chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto alternatives keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep muscle science for women podcast podcasts pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos