Zucchini Eggplant Succotash CasseroleJun 12, 2020
I'm still on a casserole kick for my weekly lunch prep and this Zucchini Eggplant Succotash Casserole (what does succotash even mean? lol) did not disappoint!
Just like the Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole I posted a few weeks back, the portions are HUGE and super satisfying even with calories being on the lower end. This is a perfect option for lunch or dinner if you're trying to control calories but still want to enjoy a delicious, filling meal!
20 mins Cook Time:
45 mins Total Time
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil, divided
- 1 pound lean ground chicken, turkey, or beef
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion (~110 grams), chopped
- 3 large zucchini (~800 grams total), cut into 1-inch spheres
- 1 large eggplant (~800 grams), cubed
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt (I always use Redmond Real Salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon butter or oil and ground meat of choice and cook for about 5 minutes, just until browned. Using a slotted spoon, remove meat to a bowl and set aside.
- To the same pan, add the remaining tablespoon butter or oil, garlic, and onion and cook for 3 minutes until fragrant.
- Then add the remaining ingredients, stirring after each addition to ensure well combined.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and bring to a light boil. Cook for 5 minutes and then transfer to a casserole dish.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting into desired portions.
Nutrition Per Serving (when cut into 4 portions): 304 Calories, 8g Fat, 28g Protein, 30g Carbs, 11g Fiber
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!