How I Transformed My Body And My Confidence
I've been reflecting on some of the changes I've noticed in myself over the past few years and I wanted to share them with you.
Besides the physical change you see in the pictures above, the most significant change has actually been in my confidence.
It's easy to say 'looks don't matter' or 'you should feel comfortable in your own skin no matter what'...but is that really the case for most people?
What I’ve noticed with myself and my clients over the years is that the more comfortable we feel and look in our own bodies, the more confident and resilient we feel in every other aspect of our lives.
These are some of the changes I've made over the past few years to help work towards becoming my best and most confident self..
- Unaware - not tracking anything (food, movement, exercise, sleep, etc.).
- Stressed - both physically and mentally. Didn't make time for my own self-care, self-reflection, or stress-management practices.
- Lacking strategy and perspective - trying to do everything on my own with no outside help or guidance.
- No consistency or plan - just going through the motions without any specific goals. Restrictive mindset. Seeking instant gratification.
- No accountability or support - no financial incentive or 'stake in the game'. No one to report to on a daily basis and get feedback from.
- No specific exercise routine - going to random classes just looking to sweat and get my heart rate up. Not focused on building muscle or progressing.
- Aware - tracking ALL the things: macros, steps, sleep, hunger, cravings, performance, recovery, weight, body measurements, progress pictures, etc.
- Managing stress - making time EVERY DAY for self-care and self-reflection. Meditating, reading, listening to podcasts, going for walks outside in the sun, having fun.
- Consistent - focusing on consistency OVER perfection. Balanced & driven mindset.
- Long-term plan - Understanding where I want to be 6-months from now, a year from now, 2 years from now...moving away from instant gratification. Trusting the process.
- Held accountable every day - working with my own nutrition & fitness coach. Investing in myself long-term.
- Progressive, structured exercise program - Focused on getting better every day. Exercising to build NOT to lose.
So now, I focus on helping my clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.)
Change your body, change your mind, change your confidence, change your life!
Your life only gets better when you do. Work on yourself and the rest will follow.