Kabocha Dessert BowlNov 16, 2019
This has been my new go-to favorite dessert these days (I love it almost as much as my protein ice-cream 😅). The sweetness from the caramelized kabocha paired with the tangy yogurt is seriously the BEST combo! It's also super versatile so you can switch up the flavors and never get bored. I usually change up the different flavors of protein powder I used and add different toppings depending on my mood. Try it out and let me know what you think! 😊
5 mins Cook Time:
0 mins Total Time
Makes 1 Serving
- 1/2 cup (~120 grams) roasted Kabocha squash
- 6 ounces plain yogurt of choice (I used non-fat, plain Greek yogurt)
- 1 scoop protein powder
- fresh or frozen berries
- chopped nuts (pili nuts or pecans are my favs)
- cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- dash of sea salt (I always use Redmond Real Salt)
- Nut butter
- Crumbled granola bars
If you've never roasted a kabocha squash before (or you'd like to learn my method), head over to this post: Nature's Candy - Kabocha Squash where I break everything down for you, with pictures and all!
To assemble your dessert bowl.
- Add the desired amount of kabocha to a bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds (if not already hot).
- Meanwhile, mix yogurt and protein powder until well combined.
- Top the kabocha with yogurt mixture and add toppings of choice. Enjoy!
Nutrition Per Serving: Nutrition for your kabocha dessert bowl will vary depending on the amount of kabocha you eat, the type of yogurt and protein powder you use, and the toppings you add.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle lunch meal prep miniflex muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos workout nutrition youtube