Kabocha Dessert BowlNov 16, 2019
This has been my new go-to favorite dessert these days (I love it almost as much as my protein ice-cream 😅). The sweetness from the caramelized kabocha paired with the tangy yogurt is seriously the BEST combo! It's also super versatile so you can switch up the flavors and never get bored. I usually change up the different flavors of protein powder I used and add different toppings depending on my mood. Try it out and let me know what you think! 😊
5 mins Cook Time:
0 mins Total Time
Makes 1 Serving
- 1/2 cup (~123 grams) roasted Kabocha squash
- 6 ounces plain yogurt of choice (I used non-fat, plain Greek yogurt)
- 1 scoop protein powder
- My favorites are:
- Feel free to use the code 'KILLINITKETO' for a sweet discount on all of the above.
- fresh or frozen berries
- chopped nuts (pili nuts or pecans are my favs)
- cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- dash of sea salt ((I always use Redmond Real Salt)
- Macadamia nut butter or Keto nut butter
- low-carb granola
If you've never roasted a kabocha squash before (or you'd like to learn my method), head over to this post: My Favorite Keto-Friendly Squash. I break everything down for you, with pictures and all!
To assemble your dessert bowl.
- Add the desired amount of kabocha to a bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds (if not already hot).
- Meanwhile, mix yogurt and protein powder until well combined.
- Top the kabocha with yogurt mixture and add toppings of choice. Enjoy!
Nutrition Per Serving: Nutrition for your kabocha dessert bowl will vary depending on the amount of kabocha you eat, the type of yogurt and protein powder you use, and the toppings you add. Typically, a 1/2 cup (~123 grams) of cooked kabocha has about 6 grams of carbs for your reference.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories cheat sheets chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto alternatives keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep muscle science for women podcast podcasts pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos