Episode 133: Determining Energy Output, Structuring Lifting & Running Sessions, Bloat Throughout The Day, and Alternate Day Fasting InsightsOct 01, 2021
In this episode, Rachel chats about ways to determine your TDEE, the most controllable variable of TDEE, signs, and symptoms of when it might be time to pivot training and nutrition protocols, how to get the most out of resistance training and running, and more!
To learn more and apply to work one-on-one with Rachel, visit her website: https://www.metflexlife.com/
Join Rachel’s weekly newsletter: https://www.metflexlife.com/newsletter
“If at least 80% of your day is made up of whole foods that have either had a face at some point or grown from the earth at some point, then you're probably doing pretty well.”
- What is the best way to determine energy spent? (energy expenditure)
- Alternate Day Fasting with daily heavy workouts makes me feel less efficient. What should I do?
- Why does my body change drastically throughout the day? Is it water weight?
- My son needs to run for his psyche but wants to build muscle and resistance train. How should he go about mixing the two?
- These 4 components combined are what make up your TDEE or total daily energy expenditure
- Tips on how to decrease bloat throughout the day
- How to structure your days to get the benefits of both resistance training and running
- [0:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Today is a Q&A solo episode taking on questions from IG
- [0:00] If you’re loving MetFlex and Chill and want to help grow the show, please head over to Itunes and leave a rating and review! How to Leave an Apple Podcast Review: First, Open the podcast app on your iPhone, Mac, or iPad. Then, hit the “Search” tab at the bottom right-hand corner of the page and search for MetFlex and Chill. Select the podcast, scroll down to find the subheading “Ratings & Reviews”. and select “Write a Review.” Next, select the number of stars you’d like to leave. Please choose 5 stars! Using the text box which says “Title,” write a title for your review. Then in the text box, write the review itself. The review can be up to 300 words long, but doesn’t need to be much more than: “Love the show! Thanks!” or “Rachel provides wonderful content from a multitude of expert guests!” Once you’re done select “Send” in the upper right-hand corner.
- [1:00] Question: What is the best way to determine energy spent? (energy expenditure)
- [1:30] What is TDEE: Total Daily Energy Expenditure
- [11:30] “If at least 80% of your day is made up of whole foods that have either had a face at some point or grown from the earth at some point, then you're probably doing pretty well.”
- [13:30] This simple tweak to your day can make a HUGE difference!
- [16:00] TDEEcalculator.net
- [18:30] Episode 46: How To Find Maintenance Caloric Intake, Fast vs. Slow Fat Loss, Accuracy of Tracking Devices, and More!
- [19:30] Question: Alternate-day fasting with daily heavy workouts makes me feel less efficient. What should I do?
- [21:30] “You're going to hinder your performance and your recovery if you don't have any fuel coming in.”
- [23:30] Question: Why does my body change drastically throughout the day? Is it water weight?
- [24:30] Episode 52: Most Common Causes of Bloating, Intermittent Fasting vs. Time Restricted Feeding, and Training While Fasted
- [25:30] Question: My son needs to run for his psyche but wants to build muscle and resistance train. How should he go about mixing the two?
- [29:30] Thanks for listening to another solo Q&A episode. If you know anyone that could benefit from MetFlex and Chill please share it out on your social media and tag Rachel @rachelgregory.cns or head over to iTunes and leave a review to help grow the show!
THINGS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- This simple tweak to your day can make a HUGE difference!
- Episode 17: THE Fasting Episode with Mike Mutzel
- Episode 46: How To Find Maintenance Caloric Intake, Fast vs. Slow Fat Loss, Accuracy of Tracking Devices, and More!
- Episode 52: Most Common Causes of Bloating, Intermittent Fasting vs. Time-Restricted Feeding, and Training While Fasted
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep muscle science for women podcast podcast appearances pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos workout nutrition youtube