Episode 106: Metabolic Rehabilitation, Busting Fat Loss Plateaus, Nutritional Periodization, and More!Mar 26, 2021
In this episode, Rachel is a guest on The Low Carb Hustle Podcast where she breaks down why metabolic flexibility should be the ultimate goal, benefits to bumping up calories to bust through a plateau, how to make meal prep a habit, periodizing your year, and more!
To learn more and apply to work one-on-one with Rachel, visit her website: https://www.metflexlife.com/
Join Rachel’s weekly newsletter: https://www.metflexlife.com/newsletter
"If you want to build muscle and you've gone past your ability to recomp, you have to see the scale go up...or else you're not building muscle." Rachel Gregory
- Two important points to address if you’ve been in a chronic deficit and plateaued
- How to avoid decision fatigue with meal prepping
- How to find your maintenance caloric intake and why it matters
- Strategies for metabolic rehabilitation and reverse dieting
- How to optimize being in a building or cutting phase
- [0:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Today’s episode Rachel is a guest on the Low Carb Hustle podcast hosted by Robert Sikes @livesavage, Danny Vega @dannyvega.ms and Adam Schaeuble @lowcarbhustle
- [0:30] SIGN UP is open for Muscle Science For Women Program
- [1:00] www.metflexlife.com/muscle-science-women
- [2:00] If you're enjoying the show share it out by screenshotting an episode and tagging @rachelgregory.cns or leave a review on itunes to help grow the show!
- [3:00] Question: Can you give us a little background and basis for what got you into metabolic flexibility and how that became the pillar of your business?
- [7:00] Danny and Adam chat about their experience with incorporating carbohydrates into their daily regiment
- [10:00] The concept known as ‘eating intuitively’
- [11:30] Adam tells a story of his carb addictive nature ;)
- [13:00] Question: Can you shed some light on why carbs would be beneficial for females? What's happening from a hormonal standpoint that could contribute to there being a need for carbs?
- [14:00] Relative energy deficiency
- [14:30] Triage theory.. Where the most urgent problem gets addressed first
- [19:30] Meal Prep tips and strategies
- [23:00] Why putting in the work to find your maintenance calorie intake is so pivotal to make body recomposition improvements
- [27:30] Strategies for metabolic rehabilitation or reverse dieting
- [35:30] Gainswave.com
- [38:00] Phases of body recomp and why it’s beneficial to go through a building phase and cutting phase
- [45:00] Question: What's going to flip the switch when you decide it's time to either maintain or do a cut?
- [45:30] Benefits to nutritional periodization and why Rachel does it yearly
- [48:30] Plans for 2021!
- [49:00] Muscle Science For Women
- [53:00] Question: What is the most underrated training exercise that you are currently doing that most people probably should incorporate into their routine?
- [55:00] Question: How has your life changed since you became Lilo's dog mom?
- [56:00] Check out www.metflexlife.com for recipes, resources, tips and tricks! Or on IG @rachelgregory.cns
- [56:00] Muscle Science For Women is now open for SIGN UP! Reserve your spot HERE!
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories cheat sheets chicken & seafood desserts fat loss keto alternatives keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep muscle science for women podcast podcasts pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips transformations vegetables & sides videos