Episode 78: Determining The ‘Best’ Types Of Carbs For A Carb UpDec 11, 2020
In this episode, I chat all about implementing different types of carbs strategically for your personal goals, the benefits of honey, beet juice and why it’s something you might consider in your pre-workout regiment and more!
To learn more and apply to work one-on-one with Rachel, visit her website: https://www.metflexlife.com/
Join Rachel’s weekly newsletter: https://www.metflexlife.com/newsletter
- What is the best way to carb up: starchy carbs, fibrous carbs, sugars, sugar + fat, or starch + fat?
- Thoughts on honey being a carb source when trying to put on muscle?
- Three rules to use as a baseline when incorporating carbs
- Types of carb sources to use before workouts
- Three goals to focus on when strategically implementing a carb up
- Benefits of using beetroot juice or powder before cardio and resistance training
- [0:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Today is a solo episode discussing all types of carbs in your regiment
- [1:00] Excited to announce this month’s podcast sponsor - Organifi
- [2:30] Check out their products by going to www.organifi.com/metflex and you can use the code METFLEX for 15% off any of their products
- [2:30] If your enjoying the show and want to help grow it please leave a review on itunes or take a screenshot of the episode and add it to your IG story along with tagging Rachel @rachelgregory.cns
- [3:30] Question: What is the best way to carb up: starchy carbs, fibrous carbs, sugars, sugar + fat, or starch + fat?
- [4:30] Episode 18: Carb Ups, Carb Cycling and Building an Anti-Fragile Metabolism
- [5:30] Rules to think about when incorporating carbs- rule number one: whole foods first
- [6:00] Rule number two: no naked carbs
- [7:00] Rule number three: minimal effective dose
- [8:00] Three categories to incorporate carbs
- [9:30] Episode 9: Stress and Fat Loss, Hormone Balance, and Carb Cycling with Ali Miller
- [21:30] Episode 71: Lose Fat AND Build Muscle with Christopher Barakat
- [24:00] Super starch! If you want to learn more about UCAN and their products, check out www.ucan.co/metflexlife and you can use the discount code METFLEXLIFE for 20% Off.
- [26:30] Effects of Beetroot Juice Supplementation on Cardiorespiratory Endurance in Athletes. A Systematic Review
- [28:00] Organifi Red Juice
- [30:30] Question: Thoughts on honey being a carb source when trying to put on muscle?
- [34:30] Honey Supplementation and Exercise: A Systematic Review
- [36:00] Episode 61: All Things CARNIVORE with Dr. Paul Saladino
- [37:30] Thanks for listening and remember, if you enjoyed the episode and this podcast, please share it out. If you want to check out Organifi products, go to www.organifi.com/metflex and you can use code METFLEX for 15% off any of their products
THINGS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Thank you to this episode sponsor Organifi! Check out their products HERE!
- Episode 18: Carb Ups, Carb Cycling and Building an Anti-Fragile Metabolism
- Episode 9: Stress and Fat Loss, Hormone Balance, and Carb Cycling with Ali Miller
- Episode 71: Lose Fat AND Build Muscle with Christopher Barakat
- Effects of Beetroot Juice Supplementation on Cardiorespiratory Endurance in Athletes. A Systematic Review
- Organifi Red Juice
- Episode 61: All Things CARNIVORE with Dr. Paul Saladino
Join the FREE MetFLex Life Course: www.metflexandchill.com
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Challenge. She received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients transform their lives by starting with the physical (body), realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives (family, relationships, work, etc.).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my weekly newsletter for updates, tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Filter By:All Categories appetizers & snacks beef blog breakfast calories cheat sheets chicken & seafood desserts dinner fat loss keto alternatives keto basics keto for women lab tests lifestyle meal prep podcast podcasts pork & lamb recipes research/articles resources tips vegetables & sides videos